Chapter 26 - Night of Love / Love of My Life / 1975 / Part 01

January 1975

POV Roger

While Jim Beach was embarking on a slow process of getting Queen out of his contracts, EMI released '' Now I'm Here '' as the band's next compact. On January 18, Deacy and Veronica finally married at the Carmelite Priory on Church Street in Kensington. Veronica is two months pregnant with Deacy. My friend is very happy to be a father and his marriage. Deacon's godfather was his old schoolmate and former band drummer whom they had in their teens. Nigel Bullen had been his godfather, while Freddie, Bri and I were his honor grooms and Mary, Chrissy and Bella's bridesmaids. The girls were wearing a red knee length dress and white high-heeled shoes. Bella, my girlfriend is divine. While we were at the altar and the priest was talking about love, the gospel, Bella listened to every word of the priest, but every now and then she would look at me, who was in front of her and we would smile at each other. After the religious ceremony, there was a small reception, in a ballroom in London, for family members of Deacy and Veronica, the godparents, bridesmaids, give and bridesmaids. It was something simpler, seeing that Deacy and Veronica did not have the money to throw a big party, but, it was wonderful at night.

The next morning I took Deacy and Veronica to the airport. They went to Paris, stayed a week in the city light. Bella was with me at the airport. After our friends boarded, I told my girlfriend:

"One day it will be the two of us who will be on honeymoon and the place you will choose.

"Are you really going to marry me in the future?" Bella asked smiling.

- Of course my love. - I smiled kissing her on the lips - Maybe five years from now, you'll be a successful writer by then, I'll be a successful Rock Star and we'll be older, more mature, to take on something so serious, but I want to Marry you and raise a family.

"It's what I want most, my love," Bella said smiling, wrapping my neck in her hands and I hooked her waist and kissed in love.

Then we headed to my car to get back to Bella's apartment.

A week after Deacy and Veronica returned from their honeymoon, after two days, the boys and I went to the United States on tour. I took her with me Bella, after all she is still on vacation from the work of a college English teacher, who only returns in early March, as well as her Master's degree in British and Spanish Literature which she starts in March and her Spanish classes. Bella will be in the United States with me for a month. The Sheer Heart Attack album was released in the United States and reached 12th place. We have to conquer much ground on American soil. We were confident that we would do well in the East and Midwest, but we were warned not to expect too much in the South and the confines of the West. Peter Hince, a roadie at Mott the Hoople, said the band's names for being Queen associated us as if we were gay.

Our first stop was in New York for a week, testing amplification systems and stage lighting. Bella had known the city and was delighted and took many pictures.

February 1975

After New York we went to Columbus, Ohio and did three presentations for three nights in the city. Then we went to Cleveland, Detroit and Boston. Bella, was always next to Mick Rock taking photos of the presentation of the band, with its Polaroid machine. Always at the end of each performance she was in my dressing room kissing me, taking food, taking care of me. Bella is a true princess, lucky to have her in my life. Every day that passes I love more Bella. And in the future I really want to marry her. After Boston, we went to Philadelphia. We are already in the third week on tour. Soon Bela will return to London and I will still be here on a North American tour.

After filming in Philadelphia, Freddie began to lose his voice. It's not possible. The doctor at a city hospital diagnosed the possible existence of nodules in Freddie's vocal chords. Freddie was advised to rest his voice, but, he did not do it. The next night we were performing at the Kennedy Center in Washington, and Freddie was able to reach the high notes as well as before. However, after the performance in Washington, Freddie's voice began to fail again and we canceled six more concerts we would do in other cities for a week. In the fourth week on tour, it would be the last week Bella would stay with me. We did a show in Chicago and Freddie had a safe performance as soon as possible. Then we went to Los Angeles and the day before we performed in town, Bri, Bella and I went to the Civic Auditorium in Los Angeles and saw a Led Zeppelin performance for 18,000 seats. Bri was discouraged, saying if one day we would succeed as Led Zeppelin.