Chapter 48 - Heart of Ice / April - May - June 1976

POV Isabella

I went to Bowie's address, to his apartment. He received me and hugged me crying.

"I'm sorry Bella, I swear I did not mean to betray you, but I met Debbie Harry at a restaurant in Los Angeles and talking there was a little attraction and we kissed quickly, but I did not think there was paparazzi there. Bowie said.

"Enough David, I do not want to hear any more. - I said upset - You did not confess to me, who had kissed Debbie Harry. I heard from newspapers. This is ridiculous. You can not date a person like that, you do not trust yourself. I'm sorry, but I do not trust you. We'd better finish our five-month courtship.

"Bella, I beg you, please do not do this. I love you! Bowie said with tears in his eyes.

- No, you do not love me. What you feel for me is admiration, affection, respect, passion, but, it's not love, Bowie. I'm so sorry. And I also want to be honest with you, I do not love you to be with you. I think you are beautiful, intelligent, attractive, but, I do not love you and I do not want to deceive you and deceive me. We'd better stop here, Bowie, "she said, annoyed, but not crying.

David looked at me sadly and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Bella, I'm sorry for everything that happened. But when I say that I love you, I speak the truth, but I was weak. I'm very sad about everything that happened and, despite everything, I thank you for being honest with me, saying that you do not love me. We had been together for five months and I realized that you felt everything for me, less love. You love only one person, but he's already committed, but from what I know of him too, he'll be single soon enough, "Bowie said.

"I only want your good, David. Be happy, "he said sadly, looking at him.

"I want your friendship, Bella," he said annoyed. "I love you, but since I can not have your love, let's at least be friends, please.

I look at him. Bowie is very handsome and a great friend.

"From now on, I'll be your friend." I smiled at him, stroking his face. "Count on me always, David.

He smiled and hugged me tightly.

Then I leave his apartment, feeling light. I communicate to Freddie, Brian and John that I'm no longer dating Bowie.

POV Roger

I heard that Isabella and Bowie are no longer together. I was happy. Even though I had betrayed Dominique many times during the North American tour she forgave me. Dominique is completely in love with me. She has already said that she loves me, so accept all my betrayals. But, I do not know how long she'll take it all. I do not love Dominique, so I betray her. If it was Bella, she would never betray her.

April

At the beginning of April, my sister Clare turned twenty-four. She is now a labor lawyer and in March she began to study Master of Labor Law. She is very happy, dating Les. They say that in a few years they intend to get married. I hope everything works out. After Clare's birthday, Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I took the road and went to Scandinavia and made eight shows there and then went to other European cities. We stayed the entire month of April, doing shows in Scandinavia and then in other European cities. This time, Richard Branson released Dominique to be traveling with us. She went on the tour with us and stayed with me all the time, by my side. She was afraid that I would betray her again. I swear I try to love Dominique for real, but it's getting harder and harder.

POV Isabella

May 1977

During the month of May, on a weekend, I went to Brighton, to visit my grandparents. My grandfather Mike said that his trembles were gone, but now they are coming back again.