Chapter 51 - Debbie Harry and Dominique / August 1977

POV Roger

After we finished recording the song It's Late, I started recording the song Sheer Heart Attack in the studio. Besides playing drums, I played bass, piano, minus the guitar, which Bri played, making his solos incredible. In the meantime, I moved to my country house in Surrey. And Dominique went with me. My London house in the Folham district will remain there. I'm not going to sell it, because I'll be there too when I need to settle something in London, and my sister Clare and my mother Winifred have already said that they will take care of the house. I trust them.

In the third week of August, although I played almost all the instruments, Freddie and Deacy, were with me and Bri, to follow the progress of my song. I finally finished writing Sheer Heart Attack, in honor of Isabella. Of course the song talks about the new punk rock influence. I like Sex Pistols, but at the same time I think of them as idiots. But the song I started writing in 1974, in honor of Isabella and her rocky outfit and my rocker way too, and how I feel about her and Rock and Roll. I love Isabella, despite everything she's done to me. She betrayed my confidence, hurt me deeply, but I can not get her out of my heart and proud of me, I can not forgive her and meanwhile time is passing and I am becoming more unhappy. In the third week of August, it was Deacy's birthday, twenty-six, on the 19th of August. He celebrated his birthday at his residence in Putney with family and friends. Dominique was with me on Deacy's birthday, but I realized how much she was annoyed by Isabella's presence.

"I do not know what this ridiculous thing is doing here at John and Veronica's," said Dominique.

"Please, Dominique, no scandals," I said tiredly. "Isabella is everyone's friend. She's Deacy's friend and Robert's godmother, okay? It is more than explained why her presence here today, so behave.

"I'll only scandalize if Isabella does not get ready, okay?" If I realize she's flirting with you, I'll make a scandal, yes, certainly, "said Dominique.

"Isabella is not flirting with me and will not flirt. She is a woman of respect, you know I'm committed to you now, "he said to Dominique, kissing her on the lips and she kissed me back.

I hugged Dominique then and looked at Isabella, who was talking to Sue, but who glanced quickly at me. I looked at Isabella, who was still as beautiful as a goddess, but her look showed concern and sadness. Did something happen that I do not know?

The next day, Aug. 20, Saturday, after another day of recording the band's new album, we all went to Hammersmith to watch Led Zeppelin's performance. This time, Dominique was not with me because she had to take a business trip with Richard Branson to Manchester. Freddie, Deacy, Bri, I, my sister Clare, Veronica, Chrissy, Sue, Tim, Les and Isabella went to the dressing room to greet the Led Zeppelin musicians before they performed. We greet Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones. In Page's dressing room was the lead singer of Blondie, beautiful blonde rock star Debbie Harry. We exchanged glances and smiled. Page introduced us, personally.

"I finally met Queen's boys," she smiled at me. "Nice to meet you, Roger.

"You can call me Rog, please, Debbie," he said, smiling at her.

She smiled back with my flirtation.

"After the show, you can talk more quietly, right here," Page said, smiling.

"Okay, then," she said, smiling maliciously at Debbie, who smiled back.

We went to our seats and waited for the presentation of Led Zeppelin.

POV Isabella

We were all watching the incredible performance of Led Zeppelin. Roger was sitting next to rock band frontwoman Blondie. Debbie Harry really is very beautiful. Now I can see her more closely. No wonder Bowie kissed her on the lips at a restaurant in Los Angeles. She's a blonde with incredible sex appeal, but, I'm angry at her. Anger because all men fall to their charm, first was Bowie, now I realize that Roger is falling to the charms of Debbie. I feel ugly for a moment and withdrawn.