Chapter 34 - Hammersmith Odeon / 1975 / Part 9

December 1975

POV Isabella

On the second December weekend, Rog and I baptized Robert, son of John and Veronica. We are very moved. It's like we're the second parents of the little baby. Robert loves Roger and me. Our friends and family of John and Veronica were present at the central Catholic church in London. After the baptism we were all having lunch in a restaurant.

I worked as a college English teacher until December 14, when it was the last day of school. The Master's degree was also the last day of school on the fourteenth of December. The Spanish course lasted until December 18th, as well as my swimming. I resume my chores from February. I commented with Sue that next year I will start doing belly dance class. My Spanish teacher is also a teacher of belly dancing and I will have classes with her and some other students.

"Roger's going to be crazy about seeing you dancing in Odalisque clothes," Sue laughed.

I'm very proud of the boys. In three weeks of release, the album A Night at the Opera finally took first place in the UK and United States charts that was released on December 8, is also already a huge success. After the Christmas holidays, the boys will travel to America on a big tour. I am very happy for my boyfriend and our friends.

December twenty-fourth came. Christmas Eve. My grandparents are in Brighton with my family. I told them that this time I'll be spending Christmas in London to watch the boys' performance at Hammersmith Odeon on Christmas Eve. I was going to Brighton with Roger, only on the twenty-sixth of December. During the day, Sue, Winifred, Veronica and Clare were in my apartment, helping me prepare the Christmas dinner. At night, my friend Sue, who preferred to stay in London, to attend the band's presentation, Les, who also preferred to stay in London to see Queen's presentation, instead of going to Truro, Roger, her mother Winifred, her sister Clare, Veronica, John, little Robert and I will make the Christmas dinner together, as well as lunch, except for John and Veronica, who on the twenty-fifth day will go to Leicester with Robert. After Hammersmith's presentation, Bri and Chrissy will spend Christmas with their families, as Freddie and Mary will do the same and Tim. During the day, the boys were rehearsing at the Hammersmith Odeon. They returned home, around four in the afternoon to bathe and get ready. The show starts at eight in the evening and runs until ten at night.

The girls and I left everything ready for Christmas dinner. When we get back from the show, which will be close to midnight, at supper time, it puts just everything to heat up. I made the salty dishes that Roger loves, as well as the desserts. At seven in the evening, Clare, Winifred, Les, and I were in Roger's car at the Alfa Romeo and headed toward the Hammersmith Odeon. When we arrived, Rog took us to the VIP area, right next to the stage. I kissed him on the lips, wishing good luck and he headed back to the dressing room to change his clothes. It's already seven-thirty at night. Soon they will be on the stage.

The fans were already anxious. At eight o'clock sharp Freddie, Bri, John and Rog took to the stage, to the delirium of the fans. Freddie wished everyone a Merry Christmas and a great performance with the band. They played: Now I'm Here, Ogre Battle, White Queen (As It Began), Bohemian Rhapsody (fans were crazy), Killer Queen, March of the Black Queen, Bohemian Rhapsdoy (reprise), Bring Back That Leroy Brown, Brighton Rock, Son and Daughter, Keep Yourself Alive, Liar, Drum Solo by Rog. My boyfriend raved. In The Lap of the Gods ... Revisited, Big Spender, Jailhouse Rock, Stupid Cupid, Be-Bop-A-Lula, Shake, Rattle and Roll, Jailhouse Rock (reprise), Seven Seas of Rhye, See What a Fool I Has Been and closing God Save the Queen.

The boys played songs from the four albums. It was two hours of an exciting big show that the BBC filmed. In the end, Freddie wished everyone a Merry Christmas, a magical night, as well as Brian, John and my boyfriend Rog.

When they left the stage they went to the dressing rooms. I hugged my boyfriend and kissed Rog on the lips.

"You were amazing my loves. Congratulations, "he said, smiling.

"It's very important to see you, my love," Rog said, smiling, then wiping his sweaty face.

After we all left the dressing rooms, a group of fans waited outside the dressing rooms and took pictures with Bri, Freddie, John and Rog, as well as autographs. Most of the fans were women. Some would do anything to get my boyfriend's attention. I noticed that very upset. From now on Rog can have the woman he wants after the shows. I felt a terrible fear of losing him. Upset, I started to walk away and walk to the parking lot. As I drove toward Rog's car, I felt a hand pull mine and I heard a voice saying,

- Love wait. Why did not you wait for me? Come and wish a Merry Christmas to our friends.

I was silent and came back greeting Freddie, Mary, Chrissy and Brian and wishing them a Merry Christmas. They will go to Brighton, but only on the twenty-ninth. I said goodbye to them. John, Veronica and little Robert went to the car to come to my apartment.

Rog hugged me as we walked to his car. He unlocked the car, while Winifred, Clare and Les got into the vehicle. Before I came in, Rog told me,

"You're strange, what's the matter, my love?" I know you Bella and I know there's something wrong.

Tears formed in my eyes and I said I was afraid to lose him, to some groupies, being that now he is a famous Rock Star and can have whatever woman he wants, any time he wants. Rog just laughed and wiped my tears away.

"My love, these groupies do not care. I have you and I love you very much. It's you that cares and interests me. Now if you left me at that moment, I would be the most unhappy man on the face of the earth. Please be with me always. I've achieved success with Queen, but I need you with me. I love you, Bella, my love, "said Rog affectionately.

"I love you too, my love," he said softly, and he kissed my lips and stroked my hair.

"Now let's get in the car, my love, it's too cold. Let's go to your apartment. I'm hungry, I want to try the Christmas dinner, which you, Mom, Clare, Sue and Veronica prepared. He said with a smile.

We got in his car and we all went to my apartment. Christmas Eve, even away from my relatives, was special, because I was with my beautiful and beloved boyfriend, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and our friends. It was perfect. On Christmas Day, Veronica and John who slept in my apartment, early in the morning left for Leicester. They were going to have lunch with their families. They will go to Brighton on the twenty-ninth day as well.

Christmas day was incredible. Rog and I exchanged gifts and were happy, because it was the first Christmas together that we had, officially. And from now on I have to get used to Rog's new routine, of tours, interviews, trips. I hope from the bottom of my heart that our love will survive this ...

To be continued...