Chapter 04 - The Bridal Agreement

September 1977

POV Isabella

On September 5, Freddie turned thirty-one and gave a big birthday party at a London ballroom, inviting more than five hundred people, including Elton John, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Robert Plant, among others. . I was present at the party of course. She was wearing a red dress that would fall. The men looked at me with desire. Roger watched me in silence as I sipped my glass of caipirinha. He came up to me and said in my ear,

- You are seductive, know to seduce any man is not really and then throw away, discard the person? You are very beautiful with your sculptural body and a demon in the form of a woman.

I looked at Roger with a sarcastic smile.

"The past still haunts you, is not it, Roger?" - said.

"There are certain things of the past that can never be erased, and you made a fool of me, you joked with me, Isabella, in the worst of ways. I already have my demons from the past and you in my life only made it worse. He said with pain in his voice.

"Roger, I swear to you ..." I began, but he interrupted me.

- Enough Isabella! I do not want to hear your excuse, as I've heard before. Nothing is going to change! You are not reliable. You betrayed my trust! You have disappointed me the hard way! Roger said.

"It's happened a long time ago, Roger and I already asked your pardon," I said in annoyance.

- If the person breaks my trust once, it was already! - He said seriously looking at me - Even more coming from you, which I thought was different.

"Roger, for God's sake, tell me what the demons of your past are and why you can not forgive me, give me a second chance?" I asked. "I would very much like, at least, to be your friend again."

- Isabella, you do not fool me anymore with your little game, just because it's too beautiful, you think you can do everything, but with me that does not work ok? You think about whether you still want to marry me, even if it's a contract, because I swear, I'll make your life hell for a year and a half, "Roger said. "I did not forget what I went through.

"You can threaten me, Roger, but if I'm accepting this marriage contract it's just to help my grandfather's medical treatment," he said in annoyance. "You do not have to waste your time, wanting to make my life hell, Eighteen months, I will follow the marriage contract, I will not break any rule.

"That's because you have not read the rules of the nuptial contract yet, have you?" He said tartly. "Because the minute you read it, you're going to give up that contract.

Roger looked at me with much grief, anger, his eyes flamed. Then he left me. I sighed. Damn it. It will not be his words that will make me give up the nuptial contract. I will do this because of my grandfather who needs the treatment a lot and also because I want to, I need to regain Roger's trust and friendship and take all the hurt out of his heart.

Eight of September. Day I read and sign the contract. I'm in an office in London with Jim Beach, Queen's manager, with my friend Sue, who will be my lawyer and has read the contract, Clare, Roger's sister, will be his lawyer on this contract. Also present are Freddie, Brian and John. Roger is sitting across from me. He had already signed the contract. I was reading, calmly, every paragraph of this damn contract. I'm already angry.

"This contract is not acceptable," he said, throwing the paper on the table in a fury. "I bet those rules were enforced by Roger, did not they?"

"I said you could not stand the rules," he smiled wryly. "Do you think he'll get five hundred thousand pounds in the nick of money without sacrificing?"

"Bella, please sign this contract at once. The rules could be worse, my friend, "Sue said.

Worse than that? - I laugh with irony - Sue, the rules say that I can not look at a handsome man, that I have to keep totally loyal to Roger, that I have to give myself to him in the sexual part and that if I get pregnant he Will not assume the responsibilities of a father, that I must be a woman totally obedient to him. That when he's on tour, I will not be able to go out alone to the pubs or friends. That does not exist. Meanwhile, he may have extramarital affairs, on the sly. This is ridiculous.

"Will you sign this nuptial contract, Isabella?" Roger asked impatiently.

- Of course not. I'll find another way to help my grandfather, "I said in annoyance.

- Dear Bella, please do this for your grandfather and the band, after all, we have to clean Roger's dirty image before the press and the fans. Said Freddie pleadingly.

"Please, Bella, a year and a half goes by fast," John said.

"Do it for us, Bella, I beg you," Brian said, startled.

"I knew you'd give up, Isabella, that you would not sign the contract when you read the rules," Roger said, smiling wryly. "You're weak!

At that moment my blood boiled with hatred and I got the contract and signed and then threw the signed contract in the face of Roger and said:

"I just signed the fucking marriage contract to pay for my grandfather's medical treatment and my friends, Freddie, Brian and John, to keep Queen's legacy, because I'm a fan of the band too, Taylor," he smiles wryly. "About pregnancy , I will take care that this does not happen, but if it happens, you will take over the child, yes, because you will also be responsible and if you do not want to take it, I will open the mouth to the press and the fans about this false marriage.

"And you'll lose five hundred thousand pounds," Roger grinned mockingly.

"I'll lose the money, but I'll throw your image all in the mud, you're no longer well regarded by the press, that scandal would only sink your professional career." She said victoriously.

I took my purse and said goodbye to everyone, including Clare, Roger's sister.

"You're a sweetheart, Clare, but unfortunately you're Roger's plague sister." I do not know how you stand it, "he said sincerely. "We'll always be friends, though."

"We'll always be friends, Bella." Clare smiled at me.

- I'm going home. Roger, next weekend, picks me up at the house, to dine out and put the fake date into practice so we can go to the second stage of the contract, "he said harshly.

I leave the office with Sue, who praised my posture. All that remains to be seen is whether I will actually be able to stand for a year and a half married to Roger.

Continue...