Chapter 46 - Drowse / A Day at the Races / October-November-December 1976

POV Isabella

October

First of October. I'm at a Brazilian food restaurant, with singer David Bowie. That's right. Bowie. We had dinner happily and he would comment on his career in music, which he liked to do during his leisure time. I told him that I can sing, because I already attended a choir at the church in Brighton. He said that I was born in São Paulo, that I lost my parents at the age of ten, that they died in a car accident, and since then those who cared for me were my paternal grandparents. She said that I already went to college, that I am now a university professor of English, that I am doing Master's degree, that I am writing my first book, that I am studying Spanish and that I do belly dancing and swimming.

"You have a very hectic schedule, for those who are not of the music," he smiled. "You are very beautiful and intelligent, Bella," Bowie smiled. "I'm sure when your book is released it will be a great success.

"I hope so," he said, smiling at my drink.

- In the next two weeks I will be traveling to Germany and Italy for the new tour, but by then I want to go out with you more often. Bowie said.

"We'll definitely go out, I want to know you better." I really liked you, "I said sincerely and smiled at him.

Before Bowie traveled to Germany, we went out three more times. He said he's delighted with me.

One night before he traveled to Germany, he took me to an Italian restaurant. We drank wine and talked, waiting for our orders. After we had dinner, he paid the restaurant bill and went for a walk in London. As he drove his car, I told him more about my childhood and adolescence in Brighton and my visits to Sao Paulo, Brazil. He stopped the car, next to a large illuminated fountain and turned off the vehicle. I looked at him, not understanding.

"Bella, I have some things to tell you and I do not know where to start, I'm a little nervous," he said.

"Are you nervous?" That's unheard of. "I smiled at him.

"You have this effect on me, of being nervous, anxious, delighted. Bella, you, despite being very young, are an incredible woman. She is intelligent, determined, objective, strong, sweet and very beautiful, you are very beautiful. Bowie looked at me intently.

"Thank you for your compliments," I said, embarrassed and blushing.

Bowie stroked my hair and my face.

"I'm falling in love with you, Bella. I know that for you it's still such an early feeling, but, I'm really liking you. I already know the disappointments you had with Roger, everything that happened. And I tell you that Roger, was a tremendous idiot for not forgiving her. I confess that you really made a mistake with him, he made great mistakes, but if he really loved you, he would have forgiven you, no matter how hurt he was. But one day he will regret letting her go. Other boys will fall in love with you, as I'm in love. Bowie looked at me intently.

My heart soared with his declaration of love, I honestly did not know what to say.

"David, I, I do not know what to say to you," I said in disgust.

"Do not say anything, Bella." He ran his thumb over my face.

Bowie kissed my face fondly, close to the lips and once again stroked my wavy black hair and smiled at me, beautifully and genuinely.

"I'm in love with you and I want to conquer you, but I will not force anything." I know you like me, not the way I like you, but I'd like to ask you something. - he commented.

- What do you want to order? I said looking at him.

"I'll be on tour for a month. Please, during that month, think fondly about my feelings, what I feel for you. Maybe you can give me a chance, give yourself a chance too. What do you think? He asked affectionately.