Chapter 49 - Problems / July 1977

POV Roger

After the June party organized by Isabella, I bought three more cars for me: A Bentley, an Aston Martin and a Ferrari. I love cars, when I'm off, I participate in go-cart racing. No use, passion for speed is in my blood. These new cars have entered the collection with the cars I already have, my old Alfa Romeo (which I do not undo so that I remember the time I was poor and give value to the money I make with so much sacrifice) and my Range Rover. I also bought a beautiful country house in Surrey. I will continue with my house in Fulham, London, but soon I am moving to Surrey. I have the luxury of buying a new home, buying sports cars. The band made a lot of money with the new tour of the album A Day at the Races. Today I am a rich young man and I can have these luxuries yes. I'm living in Surrey, but whenever I have to settle something in London, I'll stay at my house in the Fulham neighborhood. I'm going to ask my mother and sister to look after my house too. My mother and my sister live near the Fulham neighborhood, so I bought a house for them.

July

First of July. Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I are already back in the studio to record the band's sixth album. I also recorded four demo tracks, which I plan to use in a solo project. I recorded the version of I Wanna Testify, from the Parliaments group, from the year 1967. I also recorded Turn on the TV and Fight From the Inside (in honor of Isabella). Deacy suspects that Veronica is pregnant again, because she has had many nausea. He said that Veronica will arrange some exams to be sure. Bri and Chrissy are married and are thinking of being parents soon. Freddie has his love affairs with men and women while I'm with Dominique and she's still living with me, even though I've betrayed her many times. Dominique really loves me, I realize that in her, but unfortunately I do not feel the same. I really like Dominique, but more like a friend. She's beautiful, but I do not wake up love ... I want to record a new album, get back on the road for touring, just like Freddie, but Bri is reluctant. He said touring with the band spoils his relationship with Chrissy.

The boys and I have only three months to record the new album, because we will be back on tour in November, in the United States of America. We recorded from Monday to Friday from eight in the morning to ten at night. Fourteen hours a day and on Saturdays from eight in the morning to noon

In the first week of July, we recorded the song All Dead, All Dead, written by Bri. In the second week of July it was time to record my song Fight From the Inside again, to get some details right. We would play some instrumental parts and I would vocal it.

The third week of July we recorded the song Get Down, Make Love, written by Freddie. At the end of the third week of July we celebrated Bri's thirty-year anniversary and the two-year anniversary of my godson Robert, son of Deacy and Veronica. Of course Isabella was present in both. I confess that she was beautiful, as always, that I even looked at her in admiration, but that was all. Dominique was always with me and I could not get any closer to my ex-girlfriend, even though I still have a lot of grief from her.

In the fourth week of July, we recorded the beautiful song Spread Your Wings, written by Deacy. The song is simply exciting. I think everyone will like it. And in the last week of July, because the month had five weeks we recorded Sleeping on the Sidewalk written by Bri.

After the recordings of Bri's song, I leave Wessex Studios and go to a bar and drink a lot and light a cigarette. I think of everything that has happened to me up to here. I get drunk and get into my Aston Martin and I go to my house in Fullham and realize that some paparazzi took pictures of me coming out of the bar. I was drunk, it's easy to see. I got in my car and drove away and realized that the paparazzi took a lot of pictures. Curse.

The next day, I was printed on every page of magazines and newspapers in the UK with the following caption: '' Roger Taylor is seen driving drunk through the streets of London. '' Or: "Queen drummer Roger Taylor is seen driving his drunken Aston Martin, Roger irresponsible."

I sighed, sipping my cup of coffee, before heading toward the studios for another day of recording. I have a fucking drought. Dominique was in front of me, drinking his coffee, looking at me.

"Eat some bread and cheese, Roger," Dominique said seriously. - Empty bag not to stand, especially after the large amount of alcoholic drink that took yesterday. Eat a piece of cake too. You need blood sugar.

I said nothing and took out a piece of orange cake and ate and got a slice of bread and cheese and ate too. I drank coffee quietly and Dominique watched me, mysterious.

"I'm afraid anytime you're in a serious car accident." Be more responsible when driving, Roger. If you drink dont drive. Dominique said rising.

"It's still seven in the morning. Already going to Branson's office? I asked.

"Yes. I have many things to settle in Mr. Richard Branson's office. And you have a great day of recording and please do not do anything else, okay? She said to me, coming up to me and kissing me on the lips.

After Dominique left for work I finished my coffee, quiet and went to change clothes. Then I took a headache remedy, got my Range Rover keys, and drove to Wessex Studios. Eight o'clock sharp I was already in the studio and I saw Bri, Deacy and Freddie pensive.

- Good morning, my dear friends. Ready for another day of recording? - I said.

"Good morning, Rog, we're ready, but before we record, our manager Jim Beach wants to talk to you. He's in the next office, "Freddie said worriedly.

"I think you're going to take a lot of scolding from our manager because of your behavior, Rog. The press has criticized it a lot, even our fans, many are not liking their irresponsible stance and this could be a big problem for the band as well - commented Deacy.

"Talk to our manager and see what he wants," Bri said.

I waved at them and went to the adjoining office in the studio. When I entered, our manager was there.

"Good morning, Mr. Beach, how are you?" - said.

The businessman laughed without humor and I did not understand.

- Good morning Roger, did you wake up hungry today? Will you be able to record with your band mates? Said the businessman, throwing a large newspaper in the coffee table with a picture of me entering the car, looking completely intoxicated.

"Mr. Beach, I can explain-" I started, but I was interrupted by him.

- YOUR REBEL BEHAVIOR, OF A REBEL STAR ROCK IS GIVING PROBLEMS, ROGER. THE PRESS IS TALKING BAD OF YOU DAILY TO THE BAND FANS, IT HAS NOT AGREED TO THEIR POSITIONS. YOU SMOKE VERY, BABY A LOT, USA DRUGS, EVEN NOT BEING FREQUENTLY, IT IS WITH HUNDREDS OF WOMEN, STILL LOVING. WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU ARE: A TRUE ROCK STAR HAS ONE ATTITUDES, BUT I THINK YOU ARE ALREADY EXTRAPPING MORE THAN THE LEVEL ALLOWED. THE PRESS, THE MUSICAL CRITIQUE ALREADY MISS QUEEN, FOR ANYTHING, HAS AN IMPLICATION WITH YOU AND YOU MAKE MORE REASON. Shouted Beach.

- FUCK YOU WHAT THE PRESS THINKS! I WANT THEM TO EXPLODE. THE MUSICAL CRITICS ALWAYS TREATED QUEEN VERY EVIL, WITH DISAPPEARANCE, SINCE THE BEGINNING OF OUR HISTORY. NOW THAT WE MAKE SUCCESS, WE HAVE FAME, WE ARE RICH AND FAMOUS, LET'S CARE FOR THOSE SONS OF THE BITCH? I shouted back. - I WILL NOT CHANGE MY WAY TO PLEASE THESE IMBECIS, ESSES URUBUS. I'M A LITTLE FUCKING WITH THEM. I WANT THEM THAT GO EVERYTHING FOR THE BITCH I STOPPED, FOR HELL!

- REALLY, THAT THEY GO TO THE BITCH I STOPPED, TO HELL, WHEREVER YOU WANT, BUT, LOOKING FOR A LITTLE BETTER THOUGHT ON THE BAND FANS, THAT LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU. THANKS TO THE FANS YOU HAVE SUCCESS, FAME AND MONEY. THINK GOOD, ROGER, OTHERWISE, I'LL BE THANK YOU TO TAKE DRASTIC POSITIONS, "said Beach, leaving angrily out of the office, leaving me alone.

I run my hand over my head. I did not know that my behavior would take such great proportions.

To be continued.