Chapter 42 - The death of Isabella? / July 1976

July 1976

POV Roger

Luke spoke to me on the phone.

"Isabella is under our power. She will be saved if you pay the ransom of your ex-girlfriend if you still care for her. You have up to twenty-four hours to carry the amount of thirty thousand pounds for us, at the following address, write it down. Luke said coolly.

I wrote down the address on paper.

"Very well, Roger. "I'm very happy because you and Isabella are not together anymore. If I do not stay with her, she will not stay with anyone, let alone with you.

At this moment Luke began to tell everything that had been arranged with Michael, my father and the dealer. Michael really pretended to be sorry to approach me, to want my money and share with them. Even the kidnapping of Isabella's grandparents was commissioned by them. I was shocked by everything I heard and tears streaming from my eyes.

"Now you'll give me that money if you want Isabella alive." If you do not pay your ex-girlfriend's ransom, we'll kill you in twenty-four hours, okay? Luke said, hanging up the phone.

I can not believe. Damn Michael, my damn father, did all this to benefit. He deceived Isabella rightly, with his discourse of repentance, and she believed him. I was nervous, trembling, as much as I was not dating Isabella, I still cared about her, without her deserving because she did not trust me to tell everything, she betrayed my confidence. Damn pride, too, that I can not forgive her. I call Isabella's grandparents and tell them everything. They get desperate, but, I say I'll find a way. I get in touch with Deacy, Bri and Freddie and explain the gravity of things. We canceled with the studio of today we recorded our first album. I went to the police station with my friends and said everything to the delegate. I had to notify the police. So we've arranged a plan: I'll take the thirty thousand pounds and the police will come along, too, after me. We'll find a way to free Isabella. Mary, Veronica, Sue, Chrissy and my sister Clare are desperate ... Tim and Les said they will help us.

I go to the bank and withdraw thirty thousand pounds. Bri, Freddie and Deacy, commented with me that they will go to the place with me, that they will not let me go alone. We got into my Range Rover and went to meet the bums. In the car was a briefcase with thirty thousand pounds. I can not let Isabella die.

POV Isabella

It was in a large shed, gagged. I had already spoken to Roger on the phone. They asked Roger for thirty thousand pounds. As I was gagged, Luke, Michael, and the dealer told me all about their plans, since Michael came to me at the Shopping Center, Luke took the pictures. I betray Roger's trust, because of damn Michael. For a moment, I thought he might have really changed, regretted everything he did. Because of my naivety, my guilt, Roger ended the courtship with me and I was not even correct in getting Roger's five thousand pounds to pay for the ransom of my grandparents, who had been kidnapped. I was afraid of the threats they made if I told Roger everything that was going on. He could kill Roger and my grandparents if I said anything to anyone. Tears fell from my eyes, in that moment, how stupid I was, to believe in Michael, this son of a bitch. Michael crouched in front of me and said,
- Why is Isabella crying? I want to know. Get her gag out.
Comparsas took the gag out of my mouth.
"I cry because I was so naive, for believing in your regret, saying that I wanted to win Roger's trust again. When he said you're a monster, he was not mistaken, but naive I was, I believed you and I lost my relationship with Roger, "he said angrily.
At that moment Luke appears clapping his hands.
"And I'm glad that happened, Isabella." If you do not stay with me, it's not mine, it will not be anyone else, much less Roger, "Luke said with a sickly look.
"You're sick, Luke. He needs a treatment. I do not understand how a handsome boy like you, smart, studying Veterinary Medicine, working in a veterinary clinic, might have gotten involved in this dark world of drugs, addiction and still wanting to do harm to his fellow men. I thought we were friends, but I was wrong even with you. I'll tell you one thing: I'll never stay with you. NEVER! I PREFER DEATH, I PREFER TO DIE AT THIS MOMENT, TO STAY WITH YOU! - I shouted at the end making him angry.
- SHUT THAT YOUR MOUTH BEAUTIFUL, ISABELLA, BEFORE I EVEN SHINE AT YOU! Luke shouted, pointing a gun at me.
- SHIT! COME ON WITH MY LIFE! SHE DOES NOT EVEN CARE FOR ME, BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE ROGER! YOU WILL BE MAKING A GREAT PLEASE FOR ME AND IF YOU KILL ME ALSO WILL NOT HAVE THE RESCUE MONEY ROGER GOES TO BRING! I shouted back without fear.
"Luke, please do not do this, otherwise we'll lay the plan down, do not do something stupid now," Michael said.
- Isabella takes me seriously! Luke said irritably, lowering his weapon. "Gag him again." I do not want to hear Isabella's voice.
The comparsas gag me and I think about my life, which is a triz.
Luke and Michael leave the big shed and leave other vagrants watching over me. I'm tied to a chair, legs and hands and gagged. I close my eyes for a few moments, wanting to cry, but, I'm going to keep myself strong. It's in God's hands. I will not go into despair anymore. The hours pass, when I see another man entering the shed running and saying:
"Roger came in with thirty thousand pounds." Get Isabella out of here and take her to Luke and Michael.
The comrades untie me and take me to meet Luke and Michael. Luke takes me by the waist and leaves with me out of the shed. Outside the shed, I see Roger parking his Range Rover and leaves with Bri, Freddie and Deacy. God, they should not have come. Something can happen to them. I notice that Roger's hair is more blond. His hair brightened. He is more beautiful every day. I watch Roger, with his black leather pants, white sneakers on his feet, black T-shirt. In the back of the car he pulls out a large folder.
"In this folder there are thirty thousand pounds you asked for Isabella's ransom," Roger said quietly, without emotion.