Chapter 27 - Touring / 1975 / Part 02

POV Roger.

April 1975

On April 1st, which coincided with a UK holiday, the boys and I traveled to Hawaii with Mary, Chrissy, my sister Clare, Sue, Tim, Les and Bella. Veronica did not come because she is six and a half months pregnant and did not want to take a long plane ride. She stayed with her mother while John is with us in Hawaii.

I am very happy that my girlfriend, my sister and friends are present. In ten days we met the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii, we also enjoyed the pool of the big rented house that we stayed in, we visited bars and restaurants. Hawaii is heaven. I noticed that men were flirting with my girlfriend Bella when she was in a bikini or bathing suit on the beach. Of course I was jealous and my girlfriend just smiled.

"Pray my love, will you always be jealous like this?" She was smiling at me.

- Ever. These men have to know that we are a couple of boyfriends, that you are my girlfriend, "he would say in annoyance, grimacing.

"Let them look at me, my love, I'm just yours, my handsome drummer boy," she said, smiling. "I'll always be true to you.

"I'll always be loyal to you too," I said, smiling as I kissed her lips.

While we were in Hawaii, it coincided with my sister Clare's twenty-second birthday and we celebrated there as well. On April 11, we returned to London. The trip to Hawaii was unforgettable. One day I will come back here, but only with Bella, who knows for our honeymoon.

On the sixteenth of April, at night, the boys and I said goodbye to the girls at the airport in London, as we are embarking for Japan for an eight-speed tour arranged in a hurry. We have a lot of fans in Japan. Queen is making a big hit in the Land of the Rising Sun and EMI thought we'd better go there.

"Send me news of my kitten and do not even think of betraying me with the Japanese girls, because if that happens, I'll know," Bella said, smiling, but with a real depth of words.

"I'll give you news every day, my love. And I'm sure I will not betray you, I'm not crazy to do that, "he said, kissing her on the lips, in love.

"Be quiet, dear Bella, if Rog does something wrong, I'll be the first to call you, my friend," Freddie said, smiling.

- I thank Freddie. It's proof that you're a good friend, "Bella said, smiling.

"Freddie, I'm your friend too, it's not just Bella," he said, pretending to be indignant.

"You'd better behave in Japan, dear Rog," Freddie said with a grin.

"I'll behave," he said, pretending to be embarrassed.

On the seventeenth of April, the boys and I disembarked at Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan being greeted by thousands of fans. I'm impressed by how many fans are waiting for us at the airport. After The Beatles came to Japan, now it was our turn to attract thousands of fans to the airport, waiting for us. Fans had posters written: We Love Queen, Welcome Roger Queen, and other things. Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I took pictures with some fans and autographed posters, T-shirts and even got gifts from the fans. I won a lot of teddy bears from the fans and the security guards took our presents, saying that they would send us to the hotel. We were led by security guards, to a large limousine waiting for us in the airport parking lot. The first to get into the limo was Bri, then me, then Deacy and finally Freddie. We were surrounded by photographers. The limousine driver took us to the hotel. It was already night. When we arrived at the hotel, we showered, had dinner and went to bed, because the next day would be a lot of work.

On the eighteenth of April, in the morning, there was a press conference for the journalists from the main media outlets in Japan, and then Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I received platinum for the sale of one hundred thousand copies of Queen II album in the country. After lunch we attended a number of about fifty fans for an afternoon of photos and autographs. These fans had won a promotion for a Japanese rock radio. At night we returned to the hotel, showered, had dinner and went to know a little about the night life in Tokyo. The boys and I went to a night club, where there were scantily clad women, but, I did not betray Bella. I promised her I would not do that. The women were hot, but I did not betray my girlfriend. I do not want to risk losing Bella for a simple adventure. Deacy also did not betray Veronica, however, Freddie betrayed Mary and Bri betrayed Chrissy. Mary and Freddie's relationship has cooled a long time ago, I do not know what's going on, but I think at any point Freddie and Mary will not be together anymore. As for Bri, I know he loves Chrissy, but he has not been faithful to his girlfriend.