Chapter 8 // Trust

◇« ✿ »◇

a/n: filthy smut in this chapter! happy reading!

◼︎◼︎◼︎

It was almost time for Aya to work with Hagoromo-sama's household. 

2 more days left.

Her father appears to be in good health and in good condition. Now, she doesn't need to worry about anything. She can now relax. Aya is at the market in town at noon, getting important supplies they need.

She carries her heavy basket and wipes the sweat off her forehead.

It's getting hot. I should probably leave and probably head to natural hot springs in the night.
The brunette walks out of town and heads straight home. Then she heard someone calling her name. She turns to see who is the person yelling out to her

"Asura?"

"Oiiiii!!" He waves his hand up in the air, smiling like a goof.

Aya stops until he approaches. The moment he arrives, his hands are rested on his knees which are slightly bent forward.

"I haven't seen you in a while! How've you been?" Aya asked.
"I'm good! And you?" His head rose and got his back straight.

"Here and there, but I'm good as well. You want some water?" She motions as she opens the door.

"Oh yes, please! It's hot out here." He steps in and says thank you.

Asura looks around her home, her settlement.
"Nice place you got." He turns to Aya and she walks pass by him to the kitchen, placing her heavy basket on the counter.

"Thanks!"

"So it's just you and your father?"

"Correct." She pours clean water in a bamboo cup and takes over to him.
Asura smiles, taking a sip. She then places the fruit on the bowl and putting groceries away.

"May ask why did you...?" Aya peering at him for a while then continue what she is doing.

"Oh right! I came to ask for something very important."

She stops and looks at him.

"It's about human trafficking."

Indra already told her but it's best for him not to know his older brother was here. He might get suspicious.
After all, they have been kissing...A LOT.

She acted as if it was a surprise: "Human trafficking?"
Aya feels bad but she doesn't want him to suspect anything between them.

"Yes. I couldn't help but think that the man, the insurgent who was after you, is involved in that."

"That's...something bold for you say. How would you know he was involved in that sort of organization if your brother killed him? Although...he did try to rape me." She whispered the last sentence.

"Yeah. You are right but I heard in town not so long ago talking about it."

"So it's a rumor?"

"Yes.  My elder brother is looking into it since he said one time in the forest he heard two insurgents talking about a business. There might be a connection."

Aya recalls that day being present and Indra hasn't told Asura that she was there.

Smart move.