Chapter 19 // Beloved

« »

3 weeks have passed...

3. Weeks.

Aya had been well recovered in bed and remains in the Ninshu Creed Residence. 

Now that it's over, she felt so much relief and freedom! She talked with Asura when he visited her and she ended up telling him about the tragedy of her mother too. He expresses his condolences, then smiles like a goof telling how his training is going so far, just so she won't be sad about what happened to her when she was little. Megu has spent time with her too, bringing food and drinks like a grandmother she never had. Her father visiting her which made Aya very happy.

More importantly, Indra coming to her and staying with her. His tenderness and his affection make her heart melt: unexpected forehead kisses, and his presence overall. Hagoromo has done daily check-ups, telling her she has gotten well from what she had been intoxicated.

"Really? I've been wanting to get out and get moving." Aya gave a sheepishly smile, "I apologize for staying here too long where I should be working..."

He shakes his head, "You don't need to. I want you to recover well the past 3 weeks to make sure your lungs are functioning well. Especially maintain the bond you have with my son." He lets a smirk form. Aya blushes and twiddles her fingers in front of her, sitting in bed.

"Whenever you are ready, you can leave..." Hagoromo walks away and then stops himself at the double doors, "Thank you...Aya."

The Sage exits out of the nursery and she gets the sheets off her body. Aya walked towards a large mirror against the wall to look at herself. She plans to take a bath at the lake or somewhere; she believes she looks like a mess while running her hand through her hair. A recall of memory the last time she almost got taken away; Indra came to save her. She pouts, not knowing what to do.

"What's with that face?"

Indra is behind her when she saw his reflection, startling her. Aya twirls looking up at his tall figure.

"Oh uh..." she lets out a small patch of air, "I..I want to take a bath somewhere since the temperature outside is hot. At the same time, I don't want to because things have gotten worse aren't they." She said softly trailing her eyes to the wooden floor.

Indra looks down at her slipping his hand under chin, "Come and watch me train."

"How is it going by the way?"

He smirks, "Splendid", stroking her hair making her head go along with the movement with his hand.

"That's great." She whispered, "Sure. I'll go with you.."

He kisses the corner of her mouth, making her inhale his manly scent. "Let's go."

"Mm okay."

Lips came in contact chastely. Aya walks along with him; in the distance to the forest, she sees two men. Almost the same apparel Indra's wearing but exactly - it's a beige color with green sash, not high collared as the Sage and his two sons.

"You two waited?" Indra asked as they approached them.

"Yes Indra-sama. we thought it  would be appropriate if you told us the urgent matter you wanted to speak of as we head over the training grounds."