Chapter 81 // Guilt

◇« ✿ »◇

⚠️WARNING⚠️ EXPLICIT & GRUESOME SLAUGHTER IN THIS CHAPTER!

◼︎◼︎◼︎

Everything and life as she knows is stain red. A monochromatic effect is what has now become the last Mitzouan's world.

Deafening screams made her ears ring of tinnitus for what felt like moments.

Seconds.

Minutes.

HOURS!

A slow stop motion ...she saw the sharp sword coming that can cut clothes and dig under the one's skin, which made her relive the scar that is now graced upon her back.

Appalled, wide-eyed and speechless: the world she had known and had always known is cruel.

Why...

Why?...

Just why? Why is the question stamped all over her mind like a heartbeat...

Why did she get in the way?

The mother shielded the 18-year-old by stepping in and getting the attack from the back, similar to what happened to her.

Ayana's mouth is gaped open in horror and guilt for her eyes already watered in tears, so was the other late-20-year-old female. They remained looking at each this entire time when the insurgent, himself, was surprised to see that he struck the commoner, not at the dangerous youthful beauty.  The wounded woman nearly topples Aya over; she was strong enough to catch her and hold in her arms.

"G-go help my kid daughter, Kiomi. Take her with you and get out of here." She pleaded in a whisper in her ear and softly smiled at the direction where her child is hiding. Both beautiful females were in the position of embracing each other. The princess' dainty fingers curl through her traditional kimono fabric. Ayana lets out a convulsive gasp, then clenches her teeth to withhold her sobs and shakes her head.

"I told you to run" she mutters, "...Why...How could you ..."

"Just because..."

Blinking her hazel eyes in bewilderment at the woman next to her. "Just because?"  Her voice croaks. "That's — !?"

*SHOVE*

"Kyahhhh!!"

Aya stumbles backward that makes her lose balance. She watches the woman getting sliced down more and she screams more too. When the princess fell on her back, she witnessed the most gruesome slaughter of the woman's head flying in the air.

Her heart pumped loudly to send a powerful vibration, a ebb down her entire petite body. But that wasn't it. Something from within. A strong overwhelming emotion she never had before.

"N-no..."

When the beheaded head finally lands on the wet soil and the corpse is already on the floor, the princess has already gotten herself up. She sat down her derriere on her legs' calves for the dampness soaks through her crimson fabric skirt.

Her hazel irises' pupils expanded in shell shock.

The katana's silver metal skims across the dirt as the murderer approaches towards the wonderful girl that he has ever seen before. He has to admit that she looks beautiful like this: bleeding and looking dirty. She looks even more esquite to him for being in chains at her ankles. It is such a shame though; he has to end her life, for she has witnessed too much.