Chapter 65 // Awaken

◇« ✿ »◇

"I don't think you realized what you've done."

Hazel fleet at familiar black ones.

They remind her so much of Indra's and Asura's. She wonders how are they doing?

Are they hurt?
Are they worried?

Right now, she must worry about her situation, because she is on line between life and death. Her spirit is bounded to another spirit realm.

Still bewildered, Styx said she didn't want to die. Aya had made up her mind though; she was and felt prepared in the moment she destroyed it.

Mother isn't with me anymore. She's gone as the chains snapped the titan free.
I never felt so powerless. I don't know what to do..

In the most dangerous events, she's taken to another realm to meet another Greek god.

Give me a break here!

Her mind rationalizes when a flash catches her attention within the immortal's obscure eyes.
"Did I make a mistake?"

"The eternal nova you absorbed will complicate the future."

"I don't follow." Aya shook her head, furrowing her brows to comprehend. Something about this woman is sketchy. She looks tenses now.

Styx sighed. "I am not telling it was a mistake, because everything will fall into its proper place."

Her obsidian irises are sharp once they connect to bright solar ones, "I'm just asking what made you want to destroy it."

The goddess spoke a monotone manner with boredom. It irked Aya; there was flash underneath those eyes again. She cannot tell if the woman is taking this conversation seriously...or she is just stalling?
She did make an oath and this goddess bowed to her so suddenly on her arrival? Her personality changed very suddenly too, piquing interest on what the mortal wanted. Apparently, I did was all a facade?

With another narrow look, the progeny spoke.
"I told you already." An aggravated grunt rolls at the back of her beautiful throat, "I felt like I needed to."

"Are you sure? I believe you are hiding something."

"Im not." Aya affirms flatly, shaking her head. I believe you are hiding something instead from me...

"It is not very wise to lie in front of a god."

"then why am I here?!" The progeny shouts, "You talk as if you know me! You Olympians think you know everything?"

"Precisely." Her eyelids close calmly, unfazed of the youth's robust assertion. The Goddess of River gives her credit, because when a human breaks a vow - bestowed on her name - they're frightened, and wallow of a passing loved one. It is quite unusual for a demure woman like her to lose her composure.

"We are gods, because we know everything. That's our role and that's our fate and that's our curse."

"Then why did you gods abandon the earth and the people? The people who worshipped you! Believed in you! All of you! Why now? Why me?"

A sinister smirk plasters on her lips with humor, and her arms folded across her chest.

"You know why.."