Chapter 43 // A God's Wrath

◇« ✿ »◇

He felt hallow and incomplete.

When he heard her scream in agony , that moment...he died which left a huge hole in his heart.
He couldn't feel anything . Once Aya had fallen with the insurgent's double edge blade, tainted with her blood, Indra felt despair and...

H a t r e d.

His chakra coiled out of control recklessly.

The moon's radiance began to be blocked from dark clouds that filled up his heart's hole and he found it satisfying. The black figure grinned wickedly as he watched the infuriated Ōtsutsuki had come to realize his true colors - or has no colors at all. His true Stygian soul.

A huge roar of thunder boomed out of the sky and lighting coming waging a wildfire across the forest.
The insurgent didn't even see Indra until he met his crimson gaze with fire scorching behind him. At first, he couldn't believe it; he had to make sure if what he's truly seeing what he thinks.

Those clothes...tho-those eyes..

Without doubt, this man is the son of an absolute God - Sage of Six Paths. He thought they were just rumors he heard about this 'chakra' or 'Ninshu' from a small country that used to be called Sou No Kuni. He thought it never actually existed.

It's real.

He even felt the rage and obsidian vortex of the man in front of him that made him want to run for his dear life. The criminal peers down at the beautiful injured woman to avoid his piercing malice glare and heedfully stepping back.
Her blood was visible soaking through the black haori and her kimono. He blinked twice, thinking she or her body might've twitched.

Indra took the advantage of his distraction right away. He released a lighting ball that's channeling from his body as armor and he flew to a good distance to keep his eyes off of her.
"UGH!" He fell down to moist area of the ground with eyes closed shut of the hard thud. Indra hauntingly stood there before him with his incandescent dangerous crimson dojutsu: "You got a death wish. Im granting it."

The insurgent shrieked when he was picked up and thrown to the river. He gasped of the cold water dousing his garments, leaving him to shiver with goosebumps.

"Nn-Ngh!"  Aya hisses rising up slowly, using her strength and support on her elbows. Her body trembled as if she got slash repeatedly - over and over again.

It burns. It stings.

She pants heavily for struggling half way to get herself up and curling her fingers with the soil going in between.
"In-Indra." She calls his name weakly. Aya felt like suffocating of burning scent of trees' bark which was familiar. Her half lidded hazel orbs peak yet they couldn't widen so much but her pupils dilated seeing a wildfire burning down the forest.
"Indra, wh-where...?" Aya bites her lip, finally mustering the courage to sit up on her knees. She slouches and whimpers, wishing she could stand and the pain is unbearable.

"Miss!!" Reo immediately got to her side, "Are you alright?! You —" his hand gently pressed over her wound. He checked over at his palm of disbelief.
"YOU'RE HURT! WE MUST STOP THE BLEEDING RIGHT AWAY!" He picked her up carefully on her two feet and letting her body use his own for support. This woman...is a lot like his beloved and how could they harm such a woman like her?
Reo narrowed his face for imagining his wife had gone or still is going through all this.

"N-no!" Aya spoke firmly, drawing away. She staggered backwards and winces; Reo caught her from under forearms keeping her steady.

"What? What is it?" He asked. Aya reminisces the previous conversation she had with Indra about he wouldn't allow her to get hurt or get one scar grace upon her body.