Chapter 59 // Legacy

◇« ✿ »◇

"Persephone?"

"That's right." The bronze skin woman nodded with smile with her dark nude coral matte lips. It's almost like a friendly welcoming smile.

She's seriously beautiful with all her glory. Her rosewood eye powder is patted around both lids but brings a lighter saturation around her eye shape, giving a feline faded look. Glitter is highlighted around the tear  duct and brow bone too which is making her emerald eyes pop; furthermore, her cheekbones are prominent with definition.

"I'm sorry...i just..." Aya shied away, stunned by her beauty. Dang, I have been staring for too long.

"Don't be!" She chuckles as she flew to cup her blushed cheeks, almost motherly. "You are equally beautiful too!"

Aya smiles sheepishly, then frowns. "Where am I?"

"You're at my dimension when one of my descendants calls forth, seeking my ailment." She draws away, "let's walk, shall we?" Persephone levitates down the path to the meadow.
"Walk? I don't even have feet right now. Silly me." a smack of her palm hits her forehead.

"Wait...WHAT?!" Aya yelled, jogging to catch up. "What do you mean I'm your descendant?"

Putting her delicate hand down, the woman blinks and furrowed brows at the mortal, "You don't know?" She swirls in front her like she's a mermaid, making Aya to stop walking forward.

"Callisto didn't tell you?" she quickly utters like she's heartbroken.

"Tell me what?" Aya said softly; honestly oblivious, "You know him?"

The goddess veers down in sadness where the clouds around her went dark, giving vibe that it's a very delicate topic. "Callisto was my lover..."

"What? I thought you loved..." Aya blinks several times, "what's his name" she uttered too, snapping her fingers lightly to remember the name of this other guy.

"Hades?" Her perfect brow arched up.

"Yes! Him!" Her fingers click loudly, "Callisto told me you loved him. Was he lying to me?"

"Typical." She folds her arms across her chest, looking elsewhere. "He would leave me to say everything." Her shoulders shrug with a sassy attitude that Callisto found alluring.

"Everything?" Aya suspires in a quiver, "What is everything that I don't know?"

Persephone jolts where the clouds return back to its regular colors. She grabs of the mortal's dainty hands with her own. "Im so so sorry what you are going through but don't be so upset at Callisto or at your mother." she wipes a single tear away, then tugs chocolate tresses behind her ear. "We agreed it be best to break it to you slowly."

She knows about the abduction on her 18th birthday and the prophecy too even Indra. No point of asking.

A quick bite from her lower lip, she parts her mouth to speak. "So you are the..." Aya clears her throat, "the matriarch of the my mother's family?"

"Hmmm. You can put it that way but I wasn't ruling along side with Callisto if thats what you are saying." She lowers herself down to form feet to walk with Aya (which she completely forgot what she can do), locking their arms like they're best friends. The lower frock still camouflaged to her dimension when both women approach to a large pomegranate tree.

Solely, the immortal goddess extended her hand to reach when the branch lowers itself so she can pluck the fruit. Aya marveled around the tree on how vividly realistic is this dream: its branches, its fruit and its leaves. She touches the tree's bark and cherry blossoms began to bloom, instantly drawing her hand away.