Chapter 77 // Conclave

◇« ✿ »◇

"We must put a strong barrier jutsu or hire men to patrol the board in order to protect our people from any pose attack, Brother." Hamura declares, "There is no clue when they will come and attack us."

"Our borders will be open for anyone who is welcomed to live here." Hagoromo rebuttals across the dinner table as the kids eat the food served for them. "If we create a barrier, make a fence or build a wall, it won't make a difference to what's at stake. One way or another, we can't ignore what is in front of us; they will find out and come up with absurd myths of who knows what. They already have this idea of me that Im a dangerous god." He mumbled the last sentence to himself; he can't help but feel that way. After all, the Sage of Six Paths is a human too.

"Remember what Gammaru told us, Brother!" the other twin insisted, "About the truth of the divine tree? Everything! He told us that our father had hard trouble dealing negotiations with Ka no Kuni! And look! We are going down the same path as he did. Ka no Kuni is Kai!"

"I know, Hamura!" The eldest one exclaims, then sighs. "I know..."

"Well?"

"I just want to meet with the young emperor who is the age as my son, Indra." He says calmly, "That poor boy. He is in no fault of what's happening and what his father left behind to fix those mistakes. He must have allies supporting him on the throne."

"I have my men undercover in Kai right now anyway."

"Wait what?!" Hagoromo blinks dozen times at his long silver haired sibling whose kneeling across the table and putting pork inside his mouth. He settles his chopsticks down to lace his fingers together at the top of the table, and narrows his rinnegan in a scolding-older-brother manner.

"Do you have any idea of the consequences it would bring to us, Hamura?"

"And do you have any idea that they are already infiltrating in this country?" Hamura retorts back to point his own chopsticks at him as a gesture. "Have you ever thought of that? Hmm? I know there is human trafficking about kidnappings, transports and killings of innocent women and children and families. What are you doing about it anyway to stop it? " He stirs his miso after asking the question.

Youta, warily, glances at Isamu and his two older cousins. Asura gives him a small smile, which boy gladly returned. His older brother pats the 12 year old to ease his nerves. Few maids picked up all the silverware when the Sage motions them to come in.

The Ōtsutsuki family remained silent till they're gone and left them alone.

"I have selected potential men of my creed to be on the watch over the people of markets, shops, towns, villages, homes, including the fields and the forest. You name it." Rinnegan wielder stoically affirms, "They have been given me and my advisor, Futami, reports on a daily basis."

"Have they looked over the mountains? To see if there is by any chance that's where they could be, I don't know, their headquarters?"

"Those mountains are dangerous and you know that." Hagoromo suspires. He pinches his nose to tranquil his throbbing headache of this heated discussion he is quarreling with Hamura. It has been awhile they haven't argued.

"Everyone knows that. No one is going to live there, because those volcanoes are frequently active."

"You don't know that if you haven't checked."

"That's actually not a bad idea." Indra chimes, who barely ate his food. Why hasn't he thought of it before. "What do we have to lose?"

"Elder brother." The dunce whispers to him quietly; the prodigy peers next to him and utters, "What?"