Chapter 36 // Eternally Blossom

◇« ✿ »◇

"Papa is home! Papa is home!"

A four year old runs towards her father who came back from the fields, heading back to his wife and child who waiting for his return. Hayato saw his lovely daughter, pitter patter across the garden - running towards him. He smiles in the distance his child approached him with buoyancy nature and the way her hazel eyes sparkle with such glee.

She's going to fall.

"Oof!" Her tiny foot trips over a crack and her father dashed getting her small wrist before she hits the floor. He steadily pulls her arm up, not too hard, as she stands on her toes before making her feet firmly plant down to the ground.

"Jeez, Ayana.." Hayato shook his head and chuckled, "just like your mother. Be careful where you are stepping on." He releases her wrist and she completely ignores what he just said.

"Papa, welcome home!" She opens her arms widely, hugging his legs.

Her adrenaline is really up and going so it didn't matter to her if she fell to ground; she would pick herself up anyway. Hayato sighed, bending his knees and ruffling her chocolate hair. She has couple tendrils of his hair color even though she was born with toffee hair in the beginning . However, it dyed down combining the color from parents.

"Ayana, did you listen to what I just said?" And the little one peaks at her father, titling her head to side.

"You need to be more careful, darling." Hayato tucked a strand behind her small ear before titling her chin up.

"Okay.." she pouts. Hayato embraces her which is what she wanted. He plants many kisses on her forehead and down her rosy cheeks playfully and making her giggle: "Papa! Papa!"

Hayato picks up his daughter with one arm, adjusting her so she would be comfortable. "What did you and your mother do today?" Hayato asked they headed to their home.

"I helped mama with dinner! She also taught me about our flowers in the garden and what they mean."

So Ines teaching her about Spring tradition of Persephonia Family.

"Thats great!"

"Welcome home" Ines is at the front door with gentle soft smile. Hayato leans in for the chaste kiss upon her lips before stepping inside. He puts Aya down on her feet and she runs off somewhere.

"Aya! No running around the house!" Ines shouted. Then they heard a thump.
"Ouch."
"Aya?" Hayato called out but he heard running again.

The married couple look at each other lovingly and smile. Ines walks kitchen, checking on the pasta that they're going to eat for dinner. She made sure it doesn't get burnt.

"So it's completely different from ramen?" Hayato ruffles his hair and gets a bamboo cup, filling it up with water.

"In a way, yes but they are both made from starch." Ines clarifies.
"Mmhm" he gulps all the refreshing liquid after long exhausting day at work in the heating sun. Some water ran down the corner of his mouth to his chin. Hayato wipes it with his sleeve and sighs. "Now that we settled here, I hope those men still aren't up our tracks." He drums the bamboo with his fingers in thought.

Ines covers the pasta with a lid, letting it sit a little more before looking at her husband. She bites the corner of her lip gazing at the window, appreciating nature.
Even after her family was slaughtered by other countries during the catastrophe, she must be valuable including her daughter. She scrunches her brows and clamping the back of her neck. It's the only representation of Mitzou Family - the tattoo which should be passed down from generations and Ines decided she should not let Aya have this permanent mark.