Chapter 18 // Meadow

« »

He checks her heart rate again; it's beating much slower.  Indra immediately takes her to his household, hoping his father would help. Asura gets through the crowd of his father's followers who all looked at the prodigy in shock.

"What happened?! She looks..-"

"Don't even say it!!" Indra hissed lowly, "Tell father to come down to the nursery, NOW!" His foot kicks the door open before. he swiftly turning around, he takes her to a bed.

Sweat began to bead up her skin and breath raggedly labored out from her chest. Her hand clutches on her chest and other on the duvets, groaning from the intoxication. There were rushed footsteps hitting on a hard wooden floor and scurrying on through the nursery.
Megu comes along with Hagoromo, Asura, and Futami.

His little brothers close the door and looks at the situation walking to his elder brother's side.

The Sage checks her temperature and uses his medical jutsu looking for the cause of the problem. "It appears her lungs are collapsing but I'm impressed it wasn't instantaneously. This drug is deadly."

Their father uttered something to Megu and she nods. "Futami-san accompany me to get some herbs."

"Yes!"

Indra takes Asura to a corner to talk to him and he's taken by surprise. "Please do me a favor."

"Sure! What is it?"

"I want you to go to Aya's house, bring her father here and explain her situation. Tell him his daughter is great care right now." Indra pats him the shoulder. This gesture reminded him of the time his older brother's kindness.

"Got it!"

After his brother ran out of the double doors, his obsidian irises glanced at Aya. His powerful father is extracting the poison out of her body when he scalped a cut between her chest cavity. Such precision on his chakra control made Indra believed he's nearly there to match his Hagoromo's power.
The medical healing isn't enough for her so the Sage thought. That is why Megu and Futami returned to work on the herbs. Hagoromo pulls away, pouring the poison into a medical liquid bucket so he can examine it later.

Aya shifts desperately and whimpers - tossing her head side to side -, gripping on her chest like she can't breathe.

"Hang in there, Aya-chan." Futami spoke, clinically, "Megu. The tea."

"Indra," Hagoromo called his eldest son with a regal cool approach from afar. He inhaled sharply, shortly connecting his Sharingan with his father's rinnegan; therefore, he did not know they were activated.

"She will be fine."

The medical tea was made, quickly thanks to Megu's skills, the Sage helped the beauty to sit up. Her bright hazel eyes were slightly open as she took the hot liquid into her lips. Once she finished it, her chest began to slow down, relaxing her while Hagoromo accumulated his green chakra to his palms over her and her figure.
A nod of approval from the Ninshu leader made Megu and Futami sigh. Indra's father trudges over as he leaned against the wall.

"May I ask, what happened?"

His crimson eyes close calmly - a trait he knows very well it came from him; he responded with harshness "men tried to abduct her ."
Aya mumbled under her breath which made Indra snap open to his original onyx orbs. Her chest now rose with grace, back to the way it was.  Hagoromo studies his son's sudden change expression.