Chapter 54 // Progeny

◇« ✿ »◇

"What's the big deal, Indra?"

Tatsuo watched the Sage's oldest son with amusement of his peculiar behavior. He always saw him as calm, collective and analytical man with a impassive impression everyone blanched.
Just like his father; however, he has temperament when his boundaries are crossed.

Asura didn't understand his older brother's outburst. Does he know anything about the Mitzouan times?

Lord Yokoshiki, fluidly began to speak with poise and elegance from his tone of voice, that raptured the attention of everyone in this theatre.

It made Indra's blood boils in rage on how easily they were manipulated and used for their own personal gain.

"All of theses treasures arose from the ashes of a legacy that has been left behind on that isolated island. I managed to rescue them and secure them to safety with my connections and resources."

"Bullshit!" Indra hissed.

"Elder Brother!" Asura was by his side, placing his hand gently on his shoulder, "What has gotten into you?"

"It's has been told, a powerful civilization had been drastically destroyed with its natural calamities and sadly, its people." The tyrant lord acted sympathetically, "and this civilization is called the Mitzouan Empire."

The audience gasped and murmured; their voice  overlapping, echoing the entire theatre:
"I've heard them before!"
"No way! Did Lord Yokoshiki really..."
"That's really kind of him!"
"I would bid all my money on this!"
"How was he able to get it from an island?! That's my question!"

Asura looks down at everyone's reaction  from the balcony. His eyebrows knit in confusion, trying to process this information.

"It's seems everyone knows about the Mitzouan Empire including you, Elder Brother." His onyx irises looked at Indra's very own, "How do you know about it?"

Tatsuo stared him this entire time, knowing that he's hiding something. His jaw is clenched, his dark features already in peak as if he is ready to murder someone.
It's was very noticeable from the dim candle light.

"I'm entrusting all theses Mitzouan's riches to you and pretty sure, the people would love their history to be preserved."

"WAIT A MINUTE!"

A loud voice boomed from the auditorium and everyone turned around to see where it came from. Indra and Asura glance down from the left, a male who looked very concerned, standing up from his seat.

"You are selling the foreign items for all of us in here to bid!" He gestures his hand, widely at the space. "Don't you know that the Mitzouans are known to be formidable warriors with celestial powers?! How are we suppose to know their precious metals are rigged or casted with spells? How are we suppose to know that you are not scamming us?"

His statement made everyone have second thoughts, whispering lowly among themselves. Lord Yokoshiki's expression changed into a hostile complexion.

"THEY ARE ALL EXTINCT!" One shouted out his assertion. "They were hunted down and murdered who still managed to survive! That volcano eruption must destroyed the inhabitants for a reason because the gods knew they were a threat. THEY WERE A THREAT TO ALL OF US!" his pointed his finger up to the heavens like it was a sign.

A majority nod their heads in agreement and clapped. The bold male continued his rebuttal.
"Foreign nations, including Kai, had join forces to those who oppose our beliefs, our laws and our government! It was for the greater good that despicable island is destined to be tarnished for living up a foolish ideal where everyone is equal."