Chapter 20 // Devotion

« »

One month has passed.

April is already here with the cherry blossoms falling down from its tree and sunny skies. Indra and Aya remain distant; only meeting once and while. Sole on her own, the prodigy's comrades have been keeping an eye on her and it makes the tension between them awkward. So she talks to them outside of Ninshu compound.

"What's your name?"

The two looked at each other nervously. A cute giggle startles them.
"It's okay. Indra trusts both of you, doesn't he? You are his closest friends."

They smile sheepishly and said yes.

"You can trust me," Aya said in a sincerest voice that made them tell their names.

"I'm Taichi"

"And I'm Jean."

"I'm Aya. Nice to meet you both." She smiles and bows humbly before going up the stairs, "Have a nice day! Thank you!"

Mesmerized of her beauty and the demure personality she carries, they were paralyzed. Aya ruffles her hair but what has caught her attention is the maids that were waiting for her.

Not this again.

Aya flops her hands down, smacking them down to her sides. "Can help you?"

"You think you are high and mighty when Indra-sama is on your tail. More importantly, Granny Megu considers you as her favorite."

Hazel eyes blinks at their statement with utter confusion.

"I don't see why people see you as a goddess or a queen of beauty. You don't have none of those."

Then her name reminds a bell. Aya sighed, "your name is Saki, right?"

Auburn haired woman rose her chin up as her "girls" where right behind her, glaring at her with angry faces. They weren't that many as they were before. It's all because they have been taken away.

"I don't want to cause any more problems. I didn't mean to draw attention to myself in the first place."

"Yeah right." Saki scoffed, "that's one of your little white lies; acting innocent doesn't change the fact you are whore."

Taichi and Jean see the commotion as they walked in after Aya. Asura walks in as well, carefully making sure Aya doesn't get hurt again. A couple of people were inside watching what goes down at the gathering room as well, observing the situation

"You don't even know me," Aya mentioned. Her anger rose but she kept herself calm. "'Don't judge others simply by their preconceptions and judgment based on their appearance'" (- Itachi <3 )

They didn't reply; Aya continued. "You assume I'm innocent and weak in the beginning and now I'm here in front of all of you, confronting you and telling you I have a voice as well."

She slips past them. Saki snapped going towards Aya grabbing her from the arm.
"That doesn't change the fact you are acting high and confident. You spoiled brat."

Aya briefly catches a hand reached out. But her body moved on its own; somehow reading her movements. She deflects it with her forearm and using the other palm to punched to her chest.