Chapter 78 // Insurgents

◇« ✿ »◇

imo, I believe this is a boring chapter. i revised and deleted so much in this. i hope this good for you all 
"happy" reading! :D

◼︎◼︎◼︎

Panic began to hit her lungs first. It felt like it was shrinking, but they weren't. The anxiety ran through her veins that gave her a rush of fear.

"No..." Aya whispers, "No please please please." She quickly jogs her way to Hayato's bedroom. Both hands grip on the door's frames for support to find her father's chamber an unbelievable mess.

His clothes are scattered all over the floor and some are drooping from the drawers. There are bottles of empty wine they had stored in the cabinet along with shattered glass, which is making her confused.

"Papa? Papa?!" The princess calls for him. "Papa, where are you?" She carefully steps inside to check his closet to see if he was hiding from robbers. Although the scene in front of her doesn't seem like a robbery, but a madhouse.

Convulsive gasps turned into sobs of all scenarios visually coming to her mind in horror. Dainty fingers comb her entire chocolate hair back of the fear something horrible happened to him. A little gleam of hope made her run back to her room.

She slams the shoji hard with a wham.

Everything was in the proper place as she left it.
Hazel eyes mildly wonder till they land on a sleeping figure.

"PAPA!"

He is found laying on her futon bed, huddled in a ball and clutching on to his wife's shawl. Ayana rushes to his side and shakes him from his shoulder.

"Papa! Papa! Answer me, Papa!"

Suddenly it all clicked to her that maybe this is exactly how her father felt when he found her in this position, no response. A few people don't know this: karma comes back around at full force the least you expected. She knew she should've come sooner.

"Noooo, please Papa!" His child cries for him desperately. "Papa! Papa!!" Aya crawls to gather him with her arms to hold him. "I'm sorry, papa! I'm sorry for everything!!"

"Sorry for what, darling?"

Green henna irises snap open to look down at Hayato's own half-lidded honey-brown orbs she missed so much. She froze as he stood up tiredly. Hayato sits up straight while his daughter is on her knees. He turns him towards her to make sure it is not a mirage or a dream.

"Ayana, is that you?" He rubs both of his tired eyelids before opening them widely to get clarity in order to see properly. After blinking a dozen times, he raises his brows to see his child crying: no weeping, no sobbing, and no sniffles.

He grabs her tiny wrist to pull her close to him for a loving parent embrace. Her lovely features bury into his warm chest and her ear rested over his beating heart. The princess sighs of relief that he is okay after all.

"It's alright." He murmurs softly to soothe her tension and her worries. His hand runs up and down her back like he always does before tangling into her soft brown hair. "What brings you here, sweetheart? You shouldn't be here."