Chapter 69 // Covet

◇« ✿ »◇

disclaimer: || a second WARNING ⚠️ will appear while you are reading, and about to reach sensitive material. This is the first warning ⚠️
◼︎◼︎◼︎

Indra, himself, gasped out of bed for hearing Aya's severe cries, still hearing them fading away. He brought his knees up to his bare chest and covers his ears of her haunting screams.

It's morning.

Birds chirp outside his window.

Everything outside looks happy.

If it weren't for them being there at Kai, the world would have ended. Innocent people wouldn't be getting this beautiful scenery of the sun rising in the morning, and the moon shining so bright in the night.

Yet he's sweating like he ran more than a mile. He hand rakes through his long hair, then touches his heart to feel it beating faster than ever.

Something is not right.

Why am I constantly feeling like this?

Getting up from his bed, he splashes his face with cold water from the big bowl — sitting in the low dresser — to wake up; therefore, it helped cool off this unease sentiment. He thrusted his head backwards to the ceiling with closed eyelids. The soothing liquid runs down his flesh, he sighing with satisfaction. 

Indra pinches his nose, and he stares at himself in the mirror.

A frantic knock hits his door.

"What is it, Megu?" He grabs a clean towel to dry his face.

"Um...Aya-Chan's father is downstairs with your father and your little brother. He wishes to speak to you "

The rag is dropped to his lap.

His nana heard footsteps around his chamber. To her surprise, she jumps when shoji opens with him slamming it to the side.

"What happened to Aya?"

Deep within his voice, it croaked. The genius had no shirt on as he held on to the door's frames. He just has black slacks on, including his wavy unruly hair flowing loose, and water droplets hanging in there.

Elderly hands are interlaced together as if she squeezing them together in a prayer. Megu pursed her lips.
"I don't know, my boy. Her father desperately needs to see you."

"Tell him I'll be down." Indra nods before closing himself into his safe space. He stands for a few moments at the door, resting his head and body on his forearm — stilling holding the frame and looking down at the ground with mild widen eyes.

Hagoromo's rinnegan sees Granny Megu approaching them.
"Is he coming?"

"Yes, he will be here shortly."

"Thank you, Megu." The Sage spoke in monotone manner. She dismisses herself with a bow.

Asura bites the inside of his cheek as they stood in the middle of the gathering room, waiting for his older brother to come. His onyx orbs peak up at Hayato. The dunce sees a little resemblance in Aya from him, now that he has the opportunity to examine his father this close.

She has his nice shaped button nose, long eyelashes and thick eyebrows. He has small freckles across his cheeks due to his pale ivory skin. Aya has them too.

His daughter is darker than him possibly his deceased wife had a darker complexion.

Their offspring is perfect biracial child with olive skin and beauty.