Chapter 44 // Revolution

◇« ✿ »◇

Modernity has failed us - The 1975

"My name is Haru, Indra-san." he introduces himself quickly, "You must be the son of the eminent Sage?" he took a sip of his tea, waiting for him to answer.

"Correct." Indra replied coolly as usual, running his finger over the rim of his beverage. He found the tea quite relaxing on flavor running through his tastebuds. His other hand rested on his thigh, cracking his tense joints after beating up the insurgent.
Haru felt really intimidated by this young man -  he crossed his legs over so elegantly, leaning back against the chair. When his sharingan met his, he peeps away at the corner of the room to pretend something is bothering him yet he didn't not fail and caught an eye of his slightly bruised and scratched hands.

"I see. Im going to ask one question for you first if you don't mind." he suggested
.
"Go ahead."

"You are putting yourself in danger for being here!" Haru lowly whispers.

His statement caused Indra's eyes to widen. "Me?"

"I guess this is what I'll tell you about what has been going on lately." The man mumbles but his tired eyes got sharp that it's serious. "Lord Yokoshiki is an imperial politician who governs this city, Saitama. He's been elected every single time. He advocates for military expenses and influences of waging wars against other countries. When he heard about the teachings of your father, there is a rumor he wants to invade Sou no Kuni  to obtain it."

Indra calmly  shuts crimsons dojutsu, narrows his perfect shapes brows and has fist clenched under the table, "and this man does human trafficking to get the money he needs."

"Correct."

"If he's declaring war from other countries, how's that business going along." Indra folds his arms across his chest, narrowed his eyes slightly when he finally opened them and scrunched up his nose in disgust.
He's pissed off that women are being used for profit especially someone he really cherishes.

"Possibly from brothels from low class areas. Gangs? I'm not sure." Haru shrugs, "I must say it's horrible."
Indra came to realization of that man that 'supposedly' helped Aya escape was a spy.

What are his true ambitions? What is he trying gain?

Indra never came across anyone who would work for the government's schemes and leaks out information.

He's double agent so he must know and know exactly what he's doing to hide his tracks. In addition, Indra didn't get bad vibe from him which is odd because he wouldn't normally trust any other than his two pupils.

"Has the emperor of this country have done anything about it?" Indra asked, drumming his fingers on the table in thought.

"Emperor Ishida Tadashi? Well we haven't any statement from him from the capital. Lord Yokoshiki runs Fujii which is our state and where you are at right now; there's a rumor he wants the royal throne." Haru said solemnly, "I don't know what's going to happen to this country and I don't want bloodshed to scar the young people who know nothing about war."

"I assume you were a solider." Indra studied the man's shellshocked pale blue eyes of his experience. The prodigy watched how the man raised his cup to his mouth and his fingers tremble about to lose the grip.

Haru sets it down quickly after taking his sip to hide it but failed: "Indeed. I fought for and against my people."
Indra nods for understanding the man didn't want to relive his experience; everyone goes trauma they still have trouble to overcome or probably never will.