Chapter 80 // Enmesh

◇« ✿ »◇

⚠️WARNING⚠️ EXPLICIT & GRUESOME DEATHS IN THIS CHAPTER!

◼︎◼︎◼︎

What happened?

Where am I?

...I was in my village, it got attacked and...I was fighting with...That's right...I got ...hit. There was blood on me...

The princess coughs that grabs the Kai native's attention. He's waiting for his comrades in the blazing wildfire they caused to capture more innocent civilians for them to take back to their home country. He walks to her side and pinches her cheeks from underneath the chin to tilt her head to his way. Long-healthy lashes attempt to open. His fingers release them to find a "spiked" serum for her to consume.
Once again, under unknown drugs, the insurgent parts her mouth to make her swallow the whole glass. She didn't let him.

While the assassin grabs her wrists, her hand sparkles into the celestial energy.

Instantly catching him by surprise, her free hand throws a punch for him to fly across a few feet away from her. Swiveling her petite physique like a sprinter, she tripped and felt shackles bounding her bare feet like a slave.

Her cloak is removed to only leave her with her kimono. She's still bleeding from her arm and her hip; it didn't stop her from fighting her way to live.

Aya flees.

The heavy blacksmith-ship metal locking around her ankles scrap and dig into her skin causing her to bleed too. A painful hiss labors out from her lips and coughs due to the black smoke she is inhaling to her lungs. Small hand clutch to the cloth over her chest the moment she halts time to check her surroundings.

Sizzling, popping and crackling: the untamed flames are destroying and melting what it can. She felt disoriented; however, she mustered up the courage to keep going. Upon making a turn to a normal house, she stumbles upon another insurgent who had a little girl and her mother captive.

Automatically, she stops his hand from grabbing her and quickly shove it off the side. He attempted to get his weapon, but the Mitzouan didn't let him either. Instead, she grabbed his forearm, got the keys from his belt and uses her free elbow to knock him across his face. The chain he gripped under his palm is released, which had the woman's and her child's feet bounded too.

She tosses it at the small shocked family. The little girl stared at the princess in awe.

"Run!" Aya yells at them before attacking her enemy with a sidekick. She missed; the taller male gets the long chain from between her legs and pulls on it to make her fall backward. Her delicate lithe spine hits the wet soil with a harsh thud. The dampness soaks up through her kimono to her flesh that made her body shiver.

The peasant woman fidgeted in place not being able to know what to do. She didn't want to leave the youthful pretty woman alone and she didn't want to leave her daughter either.

"RUN! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Something from within sparked the mother to hang on tightly to her child and escape. When she was in a good distance, a hiding spot, she rattled the jumbles metal keys. One by one, she hastily slips them to the keyhole in order to find the right lock.