Take what you want and go

Prompt: Luke and Ashton are roommates and best friends. They also like each other. But when Ashton gets so mad at Luke and tells him to "Take what you want and go" , what will Luke take?

This song is so lit, I love it so much.

-----

Ashton and Luke were arguing once again. They've been doing that quite a lot lately, and it seems they can't stop. They're roommates in a small apartment, also best friends, they just don't feel like that anymore. All they do nowadays is just yell at each other, and make each other feel bad.

"Why can't you just clean up for once!" Ashton yells at Luke. He was sick of coming home and seeing mess. ALL Ashton ever saw was mess, nothing clean. No matter how many times he cleaned up, it'd be messy in 30 minutes.

"What do you mean! I do clean up!!" Luke counters, claiming he did clean. Which he did, but it was only small things, Ashton never noticed.

"Really?!? Because I can never tell! All I ever see is mess! I haven't seen the bedroom floor in literally almost 3 weeks!! You call that cleaning?! I clean up my stuff, but you never clean your things." Ashton yells.

Luke groans, rubbing his hands over his face,"Ashton I do clean up. You just can never tell!"

"Luke, listen I'm tired of this." Ashton says, lowering his voice.

"T-tired of what?"

"This Luke, us always fighting. We're supposed to be best friends! And we haven't been like that lately. I'm tired of it Luke. And I think that there's only one way to solve that. Take what you want," Ashton paused, was he really gonna say this, "and go." His voice cracked at the last words, tears prickling his eyes.

"W-what?" Luke asked, his voice cracking as well. Was he really losing Ashton?

"You heard me. Please Luke," Ashton says,"It's already hard enough to say that. Cause you were my best friend, but lately, you haven't been that. All we do is fight. Best friends aren't supposed to fight 24/7. I'm sorry."

"Wait, so you want me to leave? As in, leave the apartment?" Luke asks. Ashton nods his head yes. "But I don't have anywhere to go Ashton. Please I'm sorry."

"Your brother is 15 minutes away. Go to him. Just, take anything you want and go. Please." Ashton says, tears almost ready to pour from his eyes, he just wouldn't let them.

Luke didn't say anything else, he knew Ashton was serious. So, he silently went up to their shared room and gathered his clothes. Which honestly wasn't much. He's not big on owning a large amount of clothing. Luke grabbed a backpack that's about the size of kiddie suitcase.

He takes one last look at the bedroom and thinks about all the great times him and Ashton shared before they started fighting. Just hanging out like best friends do, but now, that'll probably never happen again.

Luke heads back towards the living room where Ashton is just sitting on the couch staring at the wall. When he notices Luke, he looks up at him and says quietly, "Do you have everything you want to take?"

Luke silently nods. Ashton nods as well.

"Ashton, listen, I know this won't help anything, but I just want you to know that I love you. And I hope that you'll be happy now." Luke says, tears falling from his eyes. Ashton stands up and hugs Luke one last time before leaving him alone as he heads towards their -his- room.

Luke makes his way out the front door and towards his brothers place.

---

"Luke," his brother, jack, says, "You're an idiot."