Flower boy

Request by @Music_Bellz

-----
"Hey flower boy! Need some help?" Michael Clifford snickered. Him and his other friend Calum Hood laughed at seeing the schools flower boy Ashton Irwin struggle to get something from the top shelf of his locker.

"Hey guys!" Their 'leader' Luke Hemmings said as he appeared out of nowhere. "That's mean. Of course he needs help. Just no ones gonna give it to him!" All three burst into fits of laughter.

Ashton though, still had a smile on his face as he turned around and said to Luke, "Good morning Luke. You look good today. That new look is really working for you."

All three just looked at him stunned. He wasn't upset at them for making fun of him.

"Well," Ashton said as he finally reached the books he needed, "I should be heading to class. Have a nice day you three. Bye!" He chirped happily before skipping down the hallway towards his class.

"What. Was. That?" Calum asked. This is the first time they've ever met someone like that.

"I-I'm.. not really sure?" Luke said, confused. It confused them all.
Even though they knew Ashton was known for his good attitude, and positive spirit.

"Whatever, c'mon guys. We should go."
Luke said once again. Michael and Calum nodded and the three made their way down the hallway as well.

---

The next day....

"Ok class, today you have a worksheet to do. It must be finished by the end of class, you may work with one other person if you like, but you do not have too." Mrs. Lance, the math teacher, told her class.

This was an Algebra 1 class, and Ashton and Luke had it together. Not only that, they sit in seats beside each other due to their names being in alphabetical order.

Mostly everyone worked in groups, but there was quite a few who worked alone.

Luke and Ashton included. Ashton was flying through his paper while Luke was stuck on a question.

He kept erasing and re-erasing, but couldn't get the answer. Ashton noticed this so he said, "Do you need help?"

Luke scoffed, "N-no. I don't need help from you." He went to push his paper away so it was out of Ashton's view.

"But I can see you're struggling with something. I'd be happy to help." Ashton smiled, placing a hand on Luke's shoulder.

Luke didn't know why, but when Ashton touched him, he got butterflies in his stomach.

Luke keeps trying trying to find something to say but he couldn't find any words as he stared at Ashton's eyes.

Ashton gave a small smile before looking at Luke's paper and seeing where he was having issues.

"Oh, you mixed up the signs," Ashton said when he saw Luke's mistake. "It's supposed to be a negative 8 and you're supposed to add the 245. Not subtract it. That's all. Simple to fix."

Luke finally looked away from Ashton and glanced down at his paper and saw that he did indeed mix up the signs.

"O-oh." He mumbled before erasing it and fixing it. Ashton flashed a smile before finishing his work as well.

Soon, the bell rang and everyone turned in their work and rushed out of the class.

Ashton put his paper on the teachers desk as well as Luke. As Ashton was walking out the door, Luke called out to him. "Ashton!"

Ashton turned around and smiled, "Yes?"

"U-um, I never told you thank you. F-for helping me. So, thank you." Luke said. He didn't know why he was telling Ashton this, but something inside him made him do this. This feeling inside him that he's never felt before, something new to him, and he didn't fight it.