Spotting emotions

Request from lovelashton

Prompt: Lashton goes to their special spot and Ashton tries to get Luke to open up since he's not that open with his emotions.
------
Ashton's POV

I was sitting at my apartment, doing homework for one of my classes at school.

I live alone since I'm in college and my parents said as soon as I get into college I can get my own place and leave home. But I didn't go far away because I knew I would miss my family a lot. They mean the world to me. Since I don't have a dad, I've always been the one to care for my siblings. Well me and my mum. So I could never leave them because there's so much I would miss.

I am in a relationship though. I have a boyfriend and his name is Luke. We've been dating for about two years now, and I couldn't be happier with him. Well, almost.

The thing about Luke is that he's not very open about his emotions or problems going on. I'll try to ask him, but he'll just shrug it off and say that it's no big deal. It sometimes worries me because if he holds everything in, it could cause him to just snap and explode. I don't want that to happen.

But enough about that.

I had texted Luke earlier asking where he was because he likes to come over and spend time with me but he never responded.

But then, the door opened and Luke walked in.

"Hey babe." I said happily. "Hi." He mumbled when he sat down on the couch next to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Luke just shook his head and laid down on my lap.

I giggled at him slightly, "You're on my homework." I told him. I saw him smile slightly as he closed his eyes.

"Is everything ok?" I asked him, running my hands through his hair. He hummed and nodded. I kept running my fingers through his hair and saw him smile, "That feels good." He said, opening his eyes to look up at me.

I giggled once again,"I know. You like it when I do this." I say as I look down at him.

Luke smiled widely, reaching a hand up to caress my cheek. He ran his thumb gently over my cheek.

"I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I whispered back.

"Luke." I whispered, looking down at him. "Yea?"

"Why won't you ever tell me what's wrong?" I asked, voice raising just over a whisper.

He sighed, "Its just hard. I'm not good at expressing myself. You know that. I'm sorry." He said, taking his gaze away from me.

"I know." I whispered back, looking away from his eyes as well. He sighed once again before he cupped both my cheeks and gently pulled my face down so our faces were closer. He pressed out lips together in a sweet kiss.

"I love you Ashton. So much. It's just hard for me to open up. I don't even know where to start." Luke said once we pulled away.

"I love you too and it's fine. I understand. But just know that I'm here for you, and if you need help. I'm here." I tell him. "I know." He said before he sat up and pulled me into to his lap. He turned me so I was straddling him.

"You're so gorgeous princess." He said to me. I blushed and looked down at my hands.

"I'm staying the night by the way." Luke breathed into my ear.

I giggled,"Good, cause I'm tired." I said leaning my head onto his shoulder.

He laughed, "Now? It's only like 8:00. Why are you tired?" He asked me. I shrugged. Honestly, I wasn't tired but I had an idea and he needed to be asleep so I don't get caught.