One year

Request from TheMrsShawnMendes

Prompt: A year into Luke and Ashton's marriage. (Possible major fluff. You have been warned.)
This is a long one !!! Have fun.
-----

Luke peeled his eyes open and was instantly blinded by the bright sun light. He made a low groan in his throat  and rubbed his eyes with his arm not under his husband, Ashton.

He then remembered what today was; their one year anniversary.

Luke smiled to himself before pulling Ashton closer to his body and nuzzling his face into the back of Ashton's neck and placed a light kiss there, making Ashton stir in his sleep.

"Wake up." Luke mumbled with a deep, scratchy voice. Ashton stirred but didn't open his eyes. Luke, being tired still, just decided to pull him impossibly closer and nuzzle deeper into his neck.

"You're like a koala." Ashton suddenly mumbled, his words slurred. Eyes closed. (Hehehehhehe Halsey.)

"You're no better." Luke mumbled back, his words slightly muffled in Ashton's neck. Ashton smiled with his eyes closed and turned around in Luke's embrace and buried his face into  Luke's broad chest.

"I know." Ashton said quietly, his arms tucked comfortably between Luke's chest and his own. Luke smiled as well and wrapped his arms around Ashton and nuzzled into Ashton's morning mess of curls.

"Do you know what today is?" Luke asked Ashton quietly with another smile etching its way onto to his face. Ashton smiled as well and nodded into Luke's chest.

"Yes, I do know what to today is." Ashton replied, snuggling closer to Luke, still smiling.

"Happy 1 year baby." Luke said, kissing the top of Ashton's head. "Happy 1 year." Ashton replied back.

"What do you wanna do today? Anything special?" Luke asked, running his hands up and down Ashton's back.

"Stay like this for awhile. I don't want to get up yet." Ashton replied almost immediately, his words still slightly slurring together with sleep. Luke chuckled and replied, "Ok, we can stay like this a little longer. Unless you fall asleep, then I'm leaving your ass in bed and going out alone. And I'll come back later for you." He teased.

Ashton hit his chest and told him, "Don't be mean." He mumbled, before cuddling back closer and pressing kiss to the place he hit.

Luke laughed before saying, "Ok baby. I'll be nice."

"Good," Ashton said, "And if I do fall asleep again, you're staying here. You're not allowed to leave me." He told Luke, craning his neck up to look at him.

"I would never leave you," Luke said, hugging Ashton tighter to his body, "I don't wanna let go of you." Ashton agreed and allowed himself to be held as long as Luke wants to hold him.

But of course they had to get up sooner or later because they couldn't stay in bed all day on their one year marriage anniversary.

"What do you wanna do today?" Ashton mumbled as the two sat up, but Luke still had his arms around Ashton's waist.

"I have some plans. But," Luke said when Ashton perked up at the sound of plans, "they're a surprise, and you'll find out later." He smirked when Ashton pouted.

"But Lukey." Ashton whined.

"But ashy." Luke mimicked him and laughed when Ashton glared. He kissed Ashton's forehead before he heaved them out of bed and towards the bathroom.