Runaway

Prompt: Luke and Ashton are married with a teenage daughter, but they always fight a lot. Luke says that he thinks they should take some time apart to try and fix things and their daughter has a plan to bring them back together.

A/n- So I planned this back in like June or July and am just now writing it. I'm getting major feels thinking about it.
Luke and ash's daughter pictured above ^^

Also!!!!! 2018!luke, 2015-2016!ash (long hair ash)

THIS IS A LONG ONE SO HAVE FUN WITH IT.
-----

It was around 9 or 10 in the morning and Luke and Ashton were arguing. Again. That's all they seem to be doing nowadays. But right now, they were arguing on how to fix that.

"Listen Ashton, I know you don't want to. But I think it's the only way." Luke said.

"No Luke! I don't want you to go. I don't want what happened to my parents to happen to us." Ashton exclaimed. "I know you don't, but I think it's for the best. Just a few days apart. It may be the only way. I don't want anything to happen to us either, but this may be the only other way." Luke reasoned.

Ashton stared at him for a few moments, a few tears slipping down his cheeks. He was silent until he finally nodded.

"Fine," Ashton said defeated, wiping away a few tears, "we can spend a few days apart. But I'm not leaving Dani alone." Ashton bargained. Dani was Luke and Ashton's 16 year old daughter.

"You won't have to, I know that you two are closer, so I'll go stay at a motel for a couple days," Luke said, sighing when he saw tears slip down Ashton's cheeks, "listen, I know that this will be hard, but we've tried everything else to fix us. A few days apart may do it. But you know I love you, and nothing will change that. I just hate all the fighting. And I know you do too. So we have to try this." Luke said softly as he wiped away some of Ashton's tears.

"It's okay Luke, you're right. We've tried everything else," Ashton nodded his head as he looked at his lap, avoiding Luke's gaze, "You should probably go back a bag before Dani wakes up. You don't want her walking in on you and getting the wrong idea. I'll talk to her." He said, sniffling slightly, but as always was putting up a strong face. Luke nodded his head silently as he made his way to get up.

Neither of them aware that Dani was awake and heard everything. She hurried back up the stairs before her father rounded the corner and saw her. She made it back to her room without anyone noticing. As she shut the door, she slid down it till she was sitting on the floor. Taking in everything she had just heard.

Her mind raced as it sounded like her parents were in the beginning of separating and then possibly divorcing. She didn't want that to happen. And she knew exactly how to fix that, sort of.

She waited until she heard Luke shut the door to both his and Ashton's room and his footsteps going down the stairs. She listened for a few moments before she heard the front door close. Signaling Luke left.

She jumped up and got dressed. Throwing on a pair of faded black jeans, a black band shirt and some worn out black converse. She put on her jacket and grabbed her phone. Pressing on a contact and waiting for them to answer.

"Hello?" The voice answered.

"Hey," Dani replied, "it's me."

"Dani? Why are you calling me? Is everything okay?"

"Yea," Dani replied as she looked out her window, "You need to hide me at your place for a little while."

"Hide you at my place? Why?"