Seeing abuse

Request from lovelashton

Prompt: Ashton gets abused at home and Luke sees through the window and helps him.
---
Third persons POV

"Hey ash!" A familiar voice to Ashton called. It was Luke Hemmings, his best friend and also crush.

"Yea Luke?" Ashton said. He slowed down so Luke would be able to catch up to him.

"Where were you yesterday? I thought you were supposed to come over to my house. You never showed up." Luke spoke with a frown creeping onto his lips.

"Oh, um," Ashton tried to piece together an explanation. He of course couldn't tell him the truth, and the truth is that he was tending to his new wounds. His father beat him again, and it gets harder and harder each time. So that means more bruises and cuts.

"I got held up," Ashton finally said. "I got stuck doing chores and my dad wouldn't let me leave. I'm sorry." He mumbled.

Luke looked at Ashton for a minute to find his tell. He knew when Ashton was lying because he always bit his lip without knowing it.

And surely enough, he did. Luke knew he was lying, but he can't let Ashton know that.

"Hey, it's ok," Luke spoke with a small smile on his lips, "Don't worry about it. I understand. It wasn't your fault." He gave a warm smile to Ashton, making the smaller boy blush.

Ashton shyly nodded his head. Luke couldn't help but smile down at the shorter boy, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

Luke likes Ashton, as more than a friend but doesn't think that there is any chance that he'll like him back.

"How about later today, we go out for ice cream? I'll buy." Luke offered.

"Oh, you don't have too. I mean, I was the one who blew you off. You don't have to buy me anything-" Ashton rushed out but Luke cuts him off.

"Don't worry ash," Luke chuckles,"Its nothing. Besides, I know how much you like ice cream." He smiles down the Ashton who once again blushes.

They continued walking down the hallway side by side, talking and laughing. Then, someone bumped into Ashton's shoulder making him whimper and grasp his shoulder.

That's where his father beat him. He threw Ashton into a wall over and over again so there was a pretty big and blue bruise.

"Hey what's wrong?" Luke asked concerned, seeing his pained face.

"N-nothing," Ashton whimpered out, "J-just ran into something. I'm fine." He said before letting go of his shoulder and looked up to Luke.

"Are you sure? You were holding on to it and making a face full of pain. Is there something wrong?" Luke pressed on. Ashton just gave a slight smile before saying, "I'm fine lukey, I promise." Luke nodded and pushed a few curls out of Ashton's face.

"Ok," he said. "Now c'mon. We have class. We don't want to be late." Luke says. Ashton nodded and the two were off.

----

Later that day....

"Ok class, have a good day." The teacher dismissed the class as the final bell rang. Everyone gathered their things together and left.