Hurting heart

Request from HannahSnowGriffith

Prompt: Ashton suffers from heart problems and that causes Luke to be overprotective of him but one day while playing a show, Ashton is rushed  to the hospital.

A/n- hope you like it!!
I made it where he had a heart murmur but it could be a life threatening one. Maybe he'll die maybe he won't, you'll have to read to find out! ;)
-------

The boys of 5 seconds of summer were rushing around to get ready for the show tonight, well Ashton wasn't rushing around as much because he had to be extra careful with what he does.

Ashton has a heart murmur that is unusually large and too much over exhaustion or too much strain on his organs could cause him to be hospitalized.

It sometimes scares him thinking it could get so bad that he could possibly lose his life. It also scares his boyfriend, Luke, thinking he could lose the love of his life. It actually scares all the boys thinking of losing their best friend.

But they try not to think about it that often, it's not exactly they enjoy the thought of.

"Hey guys, you ready for tonight?" One of their stage hands asked the four.

"Yea, I think we're ready. Just waiting now." Michael replied for them.

"Why don't we head back to our hotel until we need to be back here? Relax a little bit." Calum suggested and they all agreed. Especially Ashton, all day he's been feeling off he just didn't know what it was. A little relaxing sounds good to him.

They walked outside the venue as their car pulled up and they all climbed in. Michael next to Calum and Luke next to Ashton.

-----

At the hotel...

They four walked to their rooms. Michael and Calum were sharing a room and Luke and Ashton were sharing. Like they always do, Michael and Calum would never want to split the couple up.

Luke unlocked they door to Ashton and his room and let him in. Ashton immediately went to the couch and laid down, closing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked as he walked over to Ashton.

"'M tired." Ashton mumbled. "Is that it? Your chest doesn't hurt does it, because if it does we need to go to the hospital. I'll call off the concert. I'll take the blame for upsetting the fans, whatever it takes. Just say the wor-" Luke rambled on so Ashton cut him off.

"Luke I'm fine, no need to get worried. I'm just tired. C'mere." Ashton said and pulled Luke down.

"Are you sure?" Luke whispered. "Get your ass down here and cuddle me." Ashton said and pulled Luke down so he was laying down next to him. Ashton cuddled into Luke's chest and closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep.

Luke sighed as he looked down at Ashton, who was now sleeping. He couldn't help but be worried because he's scared of losing Ashton. Just the thought of Ashton dying brought tears to his eyes. He tries not to cry as he holds Ashton closer and shakes the thought from his head and just held Ashton. He never wastes any moment he has with Ashton. He never does, and he never will.

-----

At the venue...

The four were back at the venue and getting ready for the concert that was only about 15 minutes from starting. They were getting hyped with their pre-show rituals or whatever.

But Ashton couldn't shake a feeling he had. Since he woke up with Luke, he felt as if his breathing was shallower than normal. But he didn't want to worry anyone so he kept it to himself. No one really noticed it either, he's good at hiding things from the boys. He wish he wasn't, but he was. He hated hiding things from his friends and boyfriend.