Jaques (Je t'aime)

I promise that this will (probably not) Be the last TDI chapter for now :) Hehehehehehehe

When I finally found this song I was going to have a heart attack...anyways enjoy!

(Derniere Danse)

     You walk into the ice rink and shiver. The cold enveloped you like a blanket. You fold your arms trying to warm yourself up. Jaques walks up behind you and takes a big breath in and out. "Ah, the sweet smell of blades on ice." He looks down onto you. You look back. "That's a smell??" He shrugs. "Sure if you know what it smells like." You roll your eyes and make your way down the concrete steps, to the shoe vendor. Meanwhile, Jaques just sits down, pulling out his finely polished white skates. You had told the woman at the booth what size you were, got your skates and sat down. The laces looked very worn and beat, almost like if you were to even touch them they would fall apart. "Allo, Y/n?" You turn your head to the side. "You ready yet?" You glare at the flamboyant blonde. "Does it look like I'm ready yet?!"

He looks to the side. "Sorry." You wave him over. "Could you help me with these?" He nods and kneels down. You notice something, he wasn't smiling.  "Hey, Jaques, I didn't mean to yell at you...really." He looks at you and smiles. "Oh It is fine, it's just something else on my mind." 

You sigh. "Jaques you know you can tell me right?" He shrugs. "I know, I'll tell you when the time is right." He goes back to tying your laces. 'Clearly something is wrong here. He's never this sad. Maybe at that tournament he got 2nd?' He finishes the last knot and stands up, keeping the same expression. You stand up, slowly so that you didn't fall and walk with the blonde. It was an awkward silence up until you got to the ice rink. His face changed dramatically from frowny and sad, to grinning and glowing. You could clearly tell that the ice made him feel a lot better. You slowly inch your way onto the ice and grip onto the railing for dear life. Jaques looks over at you and laughs. You look at him. "Yeah, yeah ok, I'm not an Olympian like you calm down." Settles down for a minute but starts up again. You groan. "Dude you laugh a wild hyena, shush." He closes his mouth and frowns jokingly. 

"Well, at least I don't look like a baby first trying to walk!" You gasp. "Excuse you! Babies are cute so I'll take that as a compliment." He rolls his eyes. "Whatever." He skates away near the center of the rink and begins to glide around. "Center of attention much?" You whisper to yourself. You ignore him for part of your time in the skating rink, him playfully teasing you. While skating he would softly push you, try and get ice in your eye etcetera. Your eye twitched for the last time before finally losing it and skating yourself towards him.

At the last minute you fling yourself onto the blonde and tackle him, landing onto the ice. He groans and you heavily breathe. "What the hell was that?!" He shreiks. You smile. "Pay-Payback." He squirms. "Get off y/n! This is embarrassing!" You don't bat an eyelash at him. He takes a deep breath in and heaves upwards tilting you off of his body.

You land on the ice with a thud and stand up, wiping some of the shavings off of your pants. Jaques spins around to face you. "Why'd you do that?" You look at him and make a face. "You're joking right? You kept bugging me! Pushing me, teasing me,"

"You could a told me to stop."

"Yeah but if I did, you'd keep on going!" He avoids your eye contact knowing that you were right. You sigh and skate towards the rink exit, leaving a pouty Jaques standing near the railing. He fiddle his fingers for a moment before finally brighting up with an idea, while you had taken a seat on the bleachers. He had  up the concrete steps to the announcer booth where a guy was sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Jaques smirks and opens the door. You, on the other hand, had taken out your phone still upset about the scene that played out earlier. Out of nowhere the microphone came on.

"Pardon the interruption everybody," Oh no. You already know what's going to happen. "Please make your way off the ice and in to the bleachers, we have a special surprise for you today!" You roll your eyes and continue scrolling through  your memes. Music turns on, you recognize it. You turn off your phone and look onto the ice, Jaques. He had been there in ready position to start skating. Murmurs erupted from the bleachers wondering what was going on or 'isn't that guy from the Olympics or something?'

  Oh ma douce souffrance
Pourquoi s'acharner tu recommence
Je ne suis qu'un être sans importance
Sans lui je suis un peu paro
Je déambule seule dans le métro
Une dernière danse
Pour oublier ma peine immense
Je veux m'enfuir que tout recommence
Oh ma douce souffrance

He begins to glide across the ice with a routine you haven't seen him do before. 

  Je remue le ciel le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent la pluie
Un peu d'amour un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse
Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour?
Vient la douleur.
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole 

Your mouth begins to form a smile, him knowing that this was one of your favorite songs, and the fact that he would even skate to it. 

 Que d'espérance

Sur ce chemin en ton absence
J'ai beau trimer, sans toi ma vie n'est qu'un décor qui brille,
Vide de sens  

  Je remue le ciel le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent la pluie
Un peu d'amour un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse
Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour?
Vient la douleur.
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole  

You watch him carefully make his axial and land, making the crowd stand and cheer. You smile and stand along with everybody else. 

  Dans cette douce souffrance.
Dont j'ai payé toutes les offenses
Écoute comme mon cœur est immense
Je suis une enfant du monde  

You could practically feel the emotion put into his skating. He glided backwards as the main part comes back on, spinning himself around to the front. 

  Je remue le ciel le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent la pluie
Un peu d'amour un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse
Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour? 
Vient la douleur.
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole  

He finishes it off by skating towards the center of the rink and spirals lifting his leg into the air. When the music stops he quickly slows down and places his leg onto the ice. You could see his chest rise up and down as the crowd envelopes everything with cheers, you included. Jaques bows then skates off of the ice towards you. You place your phone into your pocket and race over to him. 

He looks up at you running to him and smiles. Before you could stop you push yourself forward and tackle him. He lands on the ground with an 'oof'. He begins to cackle and hug you. "Je t'aime Y/n."