Dimitri (The Princess pt.2)

"Y/n come one!" You groan and pull your jacket tighter. "Anya, slow down! Your really in no rush." She spins around to you and pouts. "But St. Petersburg is just around the corner!" You sigh. "I'm just as excited as you are, trust me." Anya continues on the path to the large city of Russia. Ever since your old caretaker sent you to the fish factory, Anya had the idea of instead going to St. Petersburg. She had always wanted to find out who she was and where she came from and above all that go to Paris! She wouldn't tell you why, all she would say was 'You'll find me in Paris. But All you wanted was to find your friend. 

You and her both come down to the edge of the woods only to look down on the bustling city. You look over at her with her wide grin spread on her face. Almost immediately she begins to run down the steep hill. "Anya!" You yell and run after her. She runs around the cobble side walk, staring at the shops windows and products inside. Once you got near her you could see that she was talking to another person in a ticket stand. She walked away nodding her head to what the person said. "Y/N!" She waves her hand and runs up to you. "That lady told me to go to the old palace if I wanted answers then she winked and told me to not tell anybody!" You frown. "I don't really think that's liable information Anya." She frowns. "But she told me that a lot of people go there!" You think for a minute and sigh. "Fine," "Great!" She grabs onto your arm and drags you through the crowd surrounding the booth.

You yelp. Finally after an hour of searching, you both find the large palace boarded up with wood planks. Anya runs up to the boarded up door and stars to tug at it. 

"Anya, there is a hole right there to crawl through." You point to a rather large hole. She giggles then pokes her leg through it then ducks her body inside. You do the same. The moment you set foot on the marble floor everything just comes rushing back to you. Your eyes wonder leading your body down the hall and into the ballroom where the Romanov's were killed. 

You slowly walk down the steps looking up at the painted ceiling above you. 

You remember pushing that silver cart and the wealthiest families dancing on the floor. "Y/n?" You spin around to Anya. "Do you want to explore?" You gulp. "I know your past, if you want you can go..." You smile at her. "Thank you." Immediately, you take off into the kitchen. You push open the creaky doors into the dust filled room. The silverware hadn't been touched in years, dust having covered everything. Memories of chefs telling you to 'get the hell out of their way' and waiters rushing in to get their platters began to flood into your brain. 

You remember Dimitri running out to look at the fancy affair going on outside then getting a beating. You walk through the kitchen slowly then turn the corner into the maid quarters where you stayed. 

You speed down to the third wooden door which was your room. Your fingers trace the iron handle before yanking it open, a dust cloud puffing out. You fan your hand across you face and cough. Once settled, you open your eyes and look into your once room. Everything was the same. Your blanket that had been tossed on the floor in the hurry was still on the floor and the escape route was still there. While standing in the silence you couldn't help but get entranced in your childhood. That being so, you didn't hear the footsteps getting louder and louder. "What are you doing here?!" A mans voice shouts at you. You gasp spin around. "What are you doing here?!" "Me a-and my friend were l-looking for the people whom sell tickets to paris here."

He looks at you weirdly. 

"You want to go to paris?" "W-well sir it's not me, its my friend, Anya. I believe she's still in the ballroom." He nods. "Why are you back here then?" "Well I used to live and work here." He looks at you surprised. "You worked in the palace?!" You giggle softly. "Yes,-"

"My partner has not shut up out some one, or girl who used to work here!" You furrow your eyebrows. "Your partner?" "Yes, yes! Come!" He grabs your arm and drags you back through the kitchen and back to the ballroom. The exit you went through lead you to the empty thrones. The man stops. "I found another!" He shouts. Anya and another male with brown hair had been out here arguing on the ballroom. "Vlad why is there another?!" He shouts back to the man named Vlad. He turns around in anger and lays his eyes on you. If you were being honest you were quite intimidated. He stops and stares at you. His anger slowly subsided while doing so. You stare back. Suddenly the flashing image of a young boy stood next to the male whom waved at you with a grin on his face. 

Your eyes began to tear up as you continue to look at the boy and the man. The boy finally disappeared  and you open you mouth. "Dimitri?" He sneers. "How do you know my name?" You smile. "It's Y/n!" He looks at you funny. "How could that be, she's been missing like the princess for years now." You rolls your eyes. "Then how come I know that when your caretaker had beat you, you came whining to me when it was done?" His mouth dropped. Out of the blue, he ran up the large stair case barreling towards you to pull you into a bear hug. You wrap your arms around him as he did you. "Oh my god y/n...You have no idea how long I've wanted to see you." You smile into his hair.

"Same here..."

CONTINUED IN PART 3