Donatello .number.

"April we need to get going." You tell her struggling to wheel the wire of the camera into a circle. "No, y/n I need this story!" She yells. "Nincompoop you need your life more!" You yell back in argument. She spins around.

 "People are going to get hurt if I don't get this story done." She says. "I know but you might want to make a plan before flying around willy-nilly without knowing who these people are." She stops. "It doesn't matter, I have people who can protect me from those people even if they try something," You give her a face. "I don't care. I'm not letting my best friend do something stupid that would most likely have her ending up in her 40's in a women's group talking about mood boards then suddenly get shot talking about how much you love yogurt!"

She looks at you strangely. "Look my point is, I don't want you getting hurt over some dumb story." She scoffs. "It's not a dumb story. Anything that can help with whatever relates to the shredder may get us closer to whatever he has planned."

"Which is exactly why I don't want to do this." You say. She rolls her eyes. "Y/n I'm going to get this covered." "Fine," You give in. "At least let me come with you." She sighs. "Well, let's go then." She wanders deeper into the alley with you trickling in behind her. She shoots behind another wall closer to the scene. 

Two foot clan members had been loading a truck with a strange substance when you both were coming home from work. April was immediately intrigued by whatever they were doing whereas you were not. You just wanted to go home. 

She leaned over the wall to get a closer look at them while you hid behind her back. Suddenly the sound of large thuds came behind you both making you snap your head over in that direction. "Damn it!" She says. The men had disappeared off to another place before you could get anything. "Y/n we could've got a good story!" She looks over at you lost in space. "Y/n!" She yells you snap out of your trance. "We just lost a good story." She whines. 

"Cool, cool, but um I'm sure as hell I was not the only one that heard those loud thuds." You tell her. "Either you're deaf or I'm going insane cause I swear to god something just happened."

She scrunches her eyebrows together. "Y/n are you okay?" You scoff. "I'm going insane. I'm now mentally insane...officially." You nod off. 

"Y/n-y/n look, what thuds?" "And now you just confirmed it. Someone put me in a straight jacket, put some padding on the walls then I'm ready to go." She chuckles. "Y/n I think you're overreacting." 

From the shadows, you could hear a snort. April freezes. You look at her. "Yay! Were both going insane!" You cheer throwing your arms in the air sarcastically. 

She doesn't say anything for a while. "Earth to April?" You snap your fingers in front of her. "You okay?" She nods then sighs. "Look y/n um, I really don't want you freaking out okay? But," "Way to go genius!" Something hisses. You freeze up. "Guys seriously? I'm trying to explain something." Then come a series of shushes. "April I'm really freakin' out right now." You say. 

"You know what just come out." The garbage cans began to shift freaking you out even more. Soon enough, shadows began to crawl up the wall as beings emerge from the backside of the cans. Your jaw literally hits the floor. Giant mutants walked into the moonlight and into view. "Um, y/n these are the guys I was talking about," April says. "The protector guys?" You ask. She nods. "Oh, that's um...cool?" "Guys, this is y/n my colleague, the one I've been telling you about." You blink. "And you've been talking about me. Even better." You mutter to yourself.

Half of the...guys wave to you, you waving back awkwardly. 

"Why don't you introduce yourselves?" April suggests looking to you as well. "Well, uh, I guess she's already told you about me. So..." "Look at her she's thinking were monsters." One of them grumbles. You frown. "Monsters? Dude you live in New York you think your bad?" The others laugh. "Dude this girl's funny April!" The one in the orange mask says. 

You smile. "I'm Michelangelo but you can call me Mikey, over there is Donatello or Donnie." He waves awkwardly. You wave back smiling. "The one over there in blue is Leonardo. Then there's Raph." He says quickly avoiding his eye contact making you chuckle. 

"Nice to meet you all." You say back. "So are you guys like April's bodyguards or something?" You ask. "Well, something like that," Donnie says. "Ninjas aren't seriously considered as bodyguards. Like you wouldn't think of bodyguards when you say ninja-" "Donnie you're rambling." Leo says. He blushes a bit. "S-sorry." He steps back. "Are you guys friends or?..." You ask. "We're brothers we grew up in the lab Aprils father working in." 

You nod. "Oh, Right." "So what were you two doing out this late?" He asks. As they were talking you slowly removed yourself from the conversation, leaning towards the back wall. 

The others had begun to group around your friend while you once in a while tuned into their conversation. But one of them did notice your disappearance. "Hey guys one second," Donnie scoops himself away from the group. You didn't notice it at first but did when he planted himself next to you. "Hey," He says, you look at him. "Hey." You say back. He stays quiet for a second. "Sorry I-I'm not exactly sure on what to say to a pretty girl-" He slaps his hand over his mouth making you giggle a bit.

"I-I'm so sorry!" You smile. "Don't worry. Honestly, that sounds like something I'd say." He smiles. "At least I'm not the only one. So...why don't you join in?" You shrug. "Guess I'm not super chatty today. And I'm sorry but is that a Nintendo remote controller on your arm?" His eyes widen. "You know what this is? Nobody, well in the group, knows this!" You make a face. "How could they not?! It's Nintendo!" "Honestly it's probably the easiest thing to spot!" He says. "I just wanted to make sure otherwise that would've been embarrassing." He chuckles. "No your good. So I take it your into electronics?" You nod. "I help her camera guy out with sound, editing things like that." 

He smiles even more. "That's so cool, I do kinda the same thing but more invention based." You smile. "That's cool too, I've always wondered how people make things like electronics and stuff." You say. "Well, if my sensei allows it maybe you could come to the lair sometimes so I can show you some of my stuff." He offers. "Really? That'd be nice." 

"Y/n!" You look over at April. "We gotta start heading back before the station closes up for the night!" "Gotcha," You look back at Donnie. "Thanks for the offer...oh, here!" You grab his arm and dig out a sharpie from your pocket. You scribble down your number and finish putting the pen back in your pocket. "Text me whenever alright?" He nods. "Alright." You wave him and the others goodbye as you chase back after April.

"Dude you got a freakin' number!??"

Holy moly you guys, Half a million reads this is actually insane. I really want to thank you, it's been three years since I started this book and I'm so happy it's been going well. Thanks a lot again you guys! And as thanks allow me to bless your day.

 Thanks a lot again you guys! And as thanks allow me to bless your day