2014 Raphael (Your Different)

I'm super sorry if I've gotten the definition of vitiligo wrong, I don't mean anything to be perceived as bad.

"Freak!" "Cow!" You jolt at the words. You only look down at your feet to avoid glares and looks coming your way. Slowly, you back away from the group into an alleyway. "Can you moo? Moo cow!" Your lips tremble. "P-please stop..." "What was that?" Your words choke up in your throat. The guy advances forward and pushes you back. "What was that?!"He pushes you harder this time making you stumble back. "Hello?!!" One last push and you finally fall back, not knowing what was behind you. Suddenly you slip through and drop down a man hole that had been previously opened. The group all surrounds the hole and doesn't say anything. Going down you hit the concrete bottom near the water rushing down the sewer line. You groan at the pain sparking throughout your body from the fall. "Damn..." You grip your head. Pulling your fingers back you notice the small drops of blood from one of the now formed cuts. You sigh and lean onto the sewer walls to look back hoping for a way out only to find nothing. You turn back to look into the dimly lit tunnel that mazes it's way around New York.

You had Vitiligo. A skin condition where the white skin cells are more predominant in random areas then others. Most people didn't really understand what it was and immediately ridiculed within your peer group. You'd been called cow, dalmatian, any word in the book they could think of to hurt you. 

Honestly you've come up with so many ways that confrontation could've gone, but falling into a sewer wasn't one of them.

Not liking the thought you cringe at the thought of going deeper but you couldn't think of any better ideas. And you were sure as hell not gonna stay there till night. Making up your mind you begin to trudge down the walkways through the foul smelling tunnels. Everything seemed very lowkey then what you had been expecting, you were thinking more waste and things like that. For the most part it was kind of clean. After 20 or so minutes of walking you begin to hear things making your head spin a bit. There shouldn't be anybody down here. Humming started to echo off the walls getting closer and closer to you. Panicking, you look over your shoulder to find a small enough opening for you to squeeze through.

As soon as the humming got loud enough you could hear what the song was you were a bit confused. The person was singing 'Hairspray' in the sewers? You repress your laughter from spilling out and giving away where you were. Catching yourself, you suck in the air and stop breathing. The humming stopped. You gave it a minute before it started again. You let it out as quietly as you could before without notice something had slithered around you ankle. The thing snapped back dragging you with it once again slamming you down on the concrete. "Who are you?!" A thick Japanese rings throughout the air. You look up the best you could without getting more blood in your eyes, being them already being blurry enough. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't want to come here!!" You shriek trying to persuade the what seemed to be a man. Silence. They sigh. "Stand up." He says strictly. Without another thought you stood up, too quickly though. You start to fall back with dizziness, you feel and hand firmly place itself on your back steadying your balance. "Child you should know better then to stand immediately. You'd faint otherwise."

You hang your head. "S-sorry..." He chuckles. "If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you get those wounds?" "I-I'd rather not think about it. Not really a good thing to think about at the moment." The hand that was on your back slithers into the palm of your skinned hand. "Follow me into the light. I want to check your cuts." You nod and follow the tugging of your hand. You could see the overview of the light and the man pauses. 

"They are not good. But may I ask how you got this scarring on your skin?" You giggle a bit at the question. "It's not scarring. I was born with Vitiligo, I'm a bit of an outcast in my school, nobody would give me the light of day." The man sighs. "Me and my sons would know the feeling. Not much for interactions with people either." "I-I'm sorry, my name is y/n." You shake the hand that was in yours. "Splinter. Now about your wounds, I know my son would be able to fix it but they are quite wary about meeting knew people." "It's okay if they're not comfortable I-I can just try and find my way out of here if it's possible." Splinter shakes his head. "The cuts are far worse then you think. You know what they'll live. I will lead you." Without another thought he had begun dragging you toward where ever he was leading you. 

The sounds of water slowly started to get louder and louder till he stopped moving. "The short cut is this way." He turns you to your right and you follow. The light in your eyes slowly started to clear up till you could blink away the blurriness. 

"Oh my god!" You shout but slap your hand over your mouth. "I am so sorry I didn't mean to sound rude." You apologize. "I'm guessing your vision cleared." You nod and he lets go of your hand. In front of you was a large entrance you what seemed to be an over sized man cave. 

"Hopefully your not too freaked out." He chuckles. "Eh, I've seen worse." You shrug. The two of you walk inside finding what looked to be a... mutant turtle, meditating? Slowly you slink behind Splinter. "Leonardo where is Don-" "Hey dad!" Another sweeps past him wearing a purple mask carrying loads of tech on top of his back. "Donatello, I need you to help me or well..." 'Donatello' pops out from behind multiple screens. "With what?" One more walks out from what seemed to be a dojo drinking something.  Splinter out of the blue steps aside without notice and revealing a very red you. A few drops of blood fall to the floor. You look up and freeze to see 'Donatello' and his jaw dropped, the one that walked out with a red mask spitting his drink out. "Who is she?!" He says quite panicked he had quite the thick accent. "I found her by the entrance beat up. Will you please bandage her up?" He sighs and waves you you to follow him. 

Raph's eyes follow your trail. "Wha-who-when-where?!" "Her name is y/n." Leo peeks from his session. "What was on her skin??" "She said she has a pretty rare skin condition call Vitiligo." Leo looks back at his brother and chuckles. "You okay?" He clears his throat and shakes his head. "What-yeah I'm fine..." Leo squints his eyes at him. "I'm fine, seriously!" Donatello had taken you back into a lab where he had just about everything and anything you would find in your high school science class. 

"So...urm how'd you get down here?" You sigh. "I'd rather not talk about that." He nods quickly while applying a band aid to your forehead. "How long have you had Vitiligo?" "Practically all my life. It first showed up when I was an itty bitty toddler." He nods. "Well your all set." You weakly smile. "Thank you. I honestly would have been trapped down here if it weren't for your dad. I'd also probably get and infection without your help." He chuckles. "Its no problem." You slowly stand up. He takes you out of the lab and back into the 'main part' of the lair type home. One more had decided to join the three you'd already seen. He had a orange mask. "Woah you weren't kidding!" He runs up to you. "Hey I'm Mikey." He tries to say smoothly. It didn't work. You giggle. "Sorry bout the whole intrusion thing," You sigh. "I had been pushed down here by people that aren't to keen on me." Splinter frowns. "So that's why." You nod. 

"I would wait a bit longer before going back up to the surface so your cuts can heal." Donatello speaks up. You nod. "I mean if you're okay with it?" Splinter nods. "Yes but only one rule. Nobody must know about us. Ever." You nod. "I promise." 

PART 2 CONTINUED....

Also little shameless plug if you like cheesy romance stories go check out my new book 'Love, Elliot' I loved coming up with it and hopefully you'll love reading it :)