Chapter 1

I sighed as I pulled into the driveway. His car was gone, so I knew he was gone on another investigation.

I sighed as I got out of the car. I had to do this fast. I hadn't been here in a week and I wasn't sure when he'd be back.

I quickly unlocked the door and hurried inside. I headed to Griffins room and grabbed as much of his things as I could. I filled a suitcase with just clothing, diapers and wipes. Then filled another suitcase with his must have teddies and toys. I hurried and brought them to the door.

I ran back up the stairs to load up my suitcase. I threw a bunch of my clothing inside it and zipped it up.

I walked back down the stairs and stopped in the living room. I spotted a picture of the kids taken just a month ago, and I smiled. Griffin loved his sisters.

I searched the room for anything I has forgotten. My eyes landed on the big canvas picture of Nick and I. I quickly looked away.

* * *

Things between Nick and I have been rocky for the passed few months. I suspected something was up when he started become very distant. He would come home and ignore me and Griffin. At first I blew it off. Then the girls spent the weekend with us and he barely said a word to them.
My worse fears were confirmed a week ago when he left his phone on the kitchen counter. I was looking for my phone and grabbed his to call it. I spotted messages he was sending another woman. Some messages mentioned how he wanted to get rid of me so he could be with her. I then packed up our son and left.

* * *

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I placed the engagement ring down on the table and walked back to the door. I grabbed all the suitcases and took them out to my car. I jumped in and headed to go pick up my baby at Nick's parents house.

I pulled up into their driveway and calmly walked in the front door. I didn't bother knocking, since this is were Griffin and I have been staying for the past week. Upon entering the house and closing the door behind me I heard.

"Little G. Tell Grampy he's fully of himself."

"Don't teach him that." Nick's father laughed.

I entered the living room to see both Nicks parents on the floor playing with a four month old Griffin. I smiled. "Look little G, Mommy's here!" Nick's mother cheered. Griffin smiled. I walked over and picked up my baby boy and gave him a kiss on the forehead. He giggled.

"All set?" Nick's father asked as he got to his feet.

"Yup." I nodded. "Just came to get the last of my things."

"Any idea where you're going?" Nick's mother asked, taking a set on the couch.

"Nope." I lied. I loved them but they would just end up telling Nick. After all they are his parents. And I really didn't want him to follow me. Eventually once I had my feet back on the ground he would know where I was, but until then he could suffer.

"You could always stay." Nick's father suggested.

"It would be best if I go. I wouldn't want to stay where I'm unwanted." I frowned.

"Oh honey." Nick's mother rushed over to hug me. "Don't beat yourself up over this. No one expected it. Veronique is furious. You know you are always welcomed here."

"I know." I flashed her a small smile. "I better get going before it gets too late." I sighed. Nick's mother left the room and returned with Griffin's diaper bag, a shopping bag full of bottles and a small cooler with breast milk inside. "Alright Griff say bye bye to Grammy and Grampy." They walked forward and took turns kissing his cheeks. He smiled at them.

"Bye sweetheart." Nick's mother smiled as she gave me a hug. "I just changed his diaper so you should be okay for at least half an hour." She laughed.

"Drive safe." Nick's father said stepping passed his wife and giving me a hug.

"I will." I told him.

"Don't be a stranger." He said.

"I won't."

"You can visit us anytime."

"Thank you. And thank you for everything."

"You're very welcome dear. Please be safe." She said as we all walked to the door.

"I will." I repeated. 

I walked to the car and placed Griffin securely in his rear facing car seat. I adjusted the straps and buckled him in. I gave him a kiss, gave him his pacifier and handed him a toy. I closed the door and walked to the driver side of the car. I got in and buckled up and adjusted the small mirror I had to see Griffin in. I looked one last time at Nick's parents before I backed out of their driveway and began my drive to Tennessee. 

* * *

A/N: As requested, here's the continuation to My One And Only. :)