Chapter 55

Nick and I stayed at his parents house for over and hour before the two of them, along with Griffin, were telling us to leave. After checking to make sure Griffin was okay, we left.

"You okay?" Nick asked as he drove us back to the house.

"Fine." I answered.

"Are you sure?" I nodded making him turn his head to look at me briefly before turning his attention back to the road. "Something's bothering you. I can tell. So just tell me because I won't stop bugging you until you do."

"Nick I'm fine. I swear."

He bit his bottom lip and glanced at me quickly before sighing. "Okay." He gave in and left me alone.

"What are we doing tonight?" I asked as we started to get closer to the house. He smirked and didn't respond. "Nick."

"I'm not telling. If I tell you'll say no."

"If you know I'll say no, they why are you still doing it?"

"Because I'm me." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest and pouted for the rest of the short ride. He pulled into the driveway of his house and turned off the car. "Now get out and go get dressed." He opened the door and got out.

"How can I get dressed if I don't know what we are doing!?" I yelled after him as I opened my door and stepped out.

"You'll see." He said leading the way to the front door with his keys in his hand. He unlocked the door and pushed it open and we walked inside. "Go upstairs and all your questions will be answered."

I stood there staring up at the staircase. Nick rolled his eyes and walked off. After watching him walk from the room, I began climbing the stairs, muttering under my breath about how simple it would have been just to tell me what we were doing instead. I walked into the room I shared with Nick and turned on the light. I saw something on the bed, so I made my way over to it. There on the bed, laid out neatly, was a simple,but elegant black dress. I picked it up and studied the material.

I didn't know what he was up to, but he did say my questions would be answered by coming upstairs. So I assumed this dress was for me to wear. I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. After I walked back into the bedroom, with a towel firmly around my body, and picked up the dress again. After taking a deep breathe, I gathered up the courage I put it on. I spent the next five or so minutes looking of for shoes to go with it. Then I made my way over to the mirror and stood in front of it to look at myself.

"You just about r-?" Nick asked as he entered the room. "Wow." He breathed.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"To go." I turned my head towards him and smiled.

"What's the occasion?" I questioned taking in his appearance. He had on a dark blue button up shirt, tucked into a pair of black dress trousers.

"No occasion. We're just going out."

"You could have told me."

"I know but I wanted to surprise you. And I'm not telling you where we're going."

"I get it." I held my hands up in surrender. I turned to look back in the mirror. "Where did this dress come from?"

"Veronique got it."

"How did she know it would fit? I'm a whale compared to her."

Nick appeared in the mirror behind me, with a frown on his face. "You are not." I rolled my eyes. "She guessed? I'm not sure how she did it. She's always been good at clothing. While we were going today she stopped by and placed the dress up here where you would find it."