Chapter 54

The weekend was here and Nick was busy putting Griffin's things together so he could go spend a night at his parents house. I on the other hand was laying in bed with Griffin napping next to me.

"You spoil him. You know that?" Nick said walking into the room with a bag over his shoulder.

"I spoil him with love."

"I know." He smiled. "You going to be able to leave him for the night?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I won't be fine. But I want him to spend sometime with your parents before we head back to Vegas. I'll just have to suck it up."

"That's my girl. I'm going to go put everything in the car, that way when he wakes up we can head on over."

* *

"Mommy can I have chicken nuggets?" Griffin asked from the backseat of the car. Although the drive from Nick's house to his parents' was barely a twenty minute drive, we were stuck in traffic in downtown Boston. I looked over at Nick as he stared at the traffic ahead.

"What do you say?" I asked him.

"I could eat." He smiled. "Hopefully things will be moving when we're finished." He turned out of traffic and pulled into McDonald's. "This is the last place I want to be." He sighed. "But I am hungry and it doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Besides it's the closest place."

"I want chicken nuggets, Dada."

"I know bud." Nick laughed. "Let's go get some." He got out quickly after stopping the car. He pulled open the back door and unbuckled Griffin before I got out of the car. I shook my head at him as he ran with our son in his arms to the entrance.

* *

We were greeted at the door by Nick's mother. I laughed as Nick went to go hug her and in return she pushed him away and made a beeline for me. Nick pouted and made his way inside the house with Griffin trailing behind him.

"Look at him follow his father." Nick's mother gushed as she looked at her grandson and son.

"He loves his dad." I smiled.

"I'm told those two are two peas in a pod." She laughed.

"For sure!" I agreed. We made our way into the family room where I found my guys sitting around on the couch with Nick's father, who sat in a chair.

"Took you long enough." Nick commented as his mother jumped on his and hugged him tightly.

She made a face and smacked him in the arm. "Rude boy."

"Me? Rude? You just hit me!"

"I had my reasons." She shot back childishly making me giggle. "Now for the most important person."

"Awe you don't have to." Nick's father spoke and held out his arms towards his wife for a hug.

"Not you!" She laughed and pulled Griffin off the couch and into a hug.

"Now who's being rude." Nick mumbled lowly, but not as low as he thought because his mother shot him a glare and his father busted out laughing. His mother eventually let go and Griffin made his way over to his grandfather and planted himself down on his lap to watch whatever cartoon was on the television.

"Come with me!" Nick's mother ordered at me as she walked out of the room. I followed her. She led me up the staircase and down the hall. When she got to a closed door she turned to me and smiled before she reached for the door handle and pushed the door open. "What do you think?" She asked gesturing me into the room.

I looked around and smiled at what I saw. The once boring colored walls were now a light blue color, decorated with train decals. There was a toddler bed in the shape of a train, at the far wall of the room. On the window you could see train window stickers behind a train curtain. There was a train track rug in the middle of the floor and on the closet door was a painting of the white 'x' railroad crossing sign. Not far from the closet door was a small white dresser.

"We haven't gotten to that yet." She frowned as she saw what I was looking at.

"That's fine."

"Do you think he'll like it?"

"He'll love it."

"Wait there's more!" She cheered and walked more into the room shutting the door behind her. On the back of the door was another painting. This time another railroad crossing, and yellow circle with an 'x' in the middle with two 'R''s on either side of the 'x'. She reached for the light switch and before my eyes the room grew dark. But it only lasted for a few seconds before the room was illuminated in little glow in the dark stars.

"Holy." I gasped. "He's never going to want to leave."

"He's always welcomed here." The lights were soon turned on. "We have two camera's in here. Once is above the door, so we can keep an eye on him and the window. The other is in the corner." She pointed. "So we can keep an eye on the closet and who come in and out of his room."

"Smart." I commented.

"We want to make sure he's safe."

"He will be." I smiled.

"Come with me." She opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. "We went a little overboard with getting things for him for bath time." She showed me an assortment of bath toys, which I laughed at because it was nothing compared to the stash Veronique had at her house. She then pulled out wash cloth after wash cloth. Then came the towels. "We got him one towel for every superhero. He can be a different superhero every night."

I smiled and told her thank you. I told her that they really didn't need to go though all this trouble, but she just simply rolled her eyes and continued showing me things. Eventually I convinced her to head back down to where the rest of the family was. Griffin smiled when he saw us enter the room.

"He'll be fine here." Nick whispered in my ear as I made myself comfortable next to him on the couch.

"I know." I replied watching Griffin laugh at something his Grandfather said to him.

* *

A/N: Originally this chapter was going to be a lot longer, but I've decided to cut it off.. One reason being simply that I'm exhausted. The other because ending here gives me a good place to start the next chapter.

I apologize for the unscheduled updates. I'm one of those people who love things on a schedule (It's because of my OCD). But because my depression has been getting the best of me lately I have decided to put writing on the back burner. I just don't feel motivated to write anymore. But when I do get that sudden jolt to write I will....reason behind this update. This isn't a permanent detachment, as I will be on reading stories and writing when it hits me.

Until the next update. Take care lovely readers!

-Iza