Chapter 37

A/N: I'm apologizing in advice. This chapter will be all over the place. I haven't personally dealt with this, but a good friend of mine has with their little one. Sorry if it sucks. I'm not very good with writing this kind of thing.

* * * * *

I paced the hospital hallway, waiting for Nick, who was only a few hours away for an investigation with the Nick Groff Tour. I hated to pull him away from that, but this was his son and he was more important. I peaked in the window of the room I stood in front of. Griffin was asleep, but anything by fine.

"What happened?" Nick asked stepping off the elevator. I ran to him and cried into his chest. His arms instantly held me to him and began rubbing my back. "Darling. What happened. I could barely hear you on the phone. You were talking so face. All I heard what hospital and Griffin."

I pulled away from him. "He was playing with his toys. I looked away for a second. I swear! When I looked back at him he was on the floor and turning blue."

"How is he now?" He asked wiping a tear away from my eye.

"Sleeping. They got him to sleep but Nick.." He looked at me. "They're pretty sure he had some kind of seizure."

"Have you spoken to the doctor?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I was waiting for you to get here. I can't do this alone."

"I'm here." He kissed my forehead. "Let's go sit with him, shall we?" I grabbed his hand and led him to the door.

* * *

Griffin woke up, but he wasn't able to leave. The were sending aneurologist to check on him. I sat on the side of the bed with him, keeping a very close eye on him, as he played with a few toys the hospital provided.

Nick was out in the hall chatting with the doctor. I should be out there with him but I was so scared of it happening again, so I stayed with him. I was more than sure Nick could handle this. 

He walked back in the room shaking his head. I didn't bother speaking. He walked over and sat next to me. 

"Can Daddy play?" He asked Griffin. Griffin looked up at him and smiled before handing his father a pink wooden car. "Pink?" Nick laughed. Griffin just smiled.

"How about mommy?" I asked pouting. Griffin handed me a green car.

"Hey, why does she get the green one?" Nick pouted. Griffin shrugged his shoulders and pushed the blue and red car he had in his hand across the bed. Nick and I joined him.

* * *

The day ticked away and Griffin met with a neurologist, who recommended tests. Nick headed off with the neurologist, Griffin, and a few nurses, while I stayed behind.

I made my way into the waiting room to greet Zak, Aaron and Billy.

"How my little buddy?" Zak asked.

"Nick's taking him to get some tests done." I answered sitting down in the chair next to Aaron.

"Why aren't you with them?" Billy asked.

"I can't." I shook my head and hit it in my hands. "I'm scared. That was scary and to hear that it's possible that it might happen again, worries me."

"It'll be okay, Saige." Aaron said as he began rubbing my back.

"How do you know? He could suffer with this the rest of his life. I might lose him because of this." I began hyperventilating.

"Damn it." Zak cursed and soon he was on his knees in front of him. "Calm down. Take a deep breath. No need to have a panic attack. He's a tough kid. He will be fine."

When I finally calmed down I looked at them and smiled a small smile. "Thank you for coming."

"Of course we'd be here!" Aaron said quickly. "He's my nephew." He smiled proudly.

"We all love him, Saige." Billy smiled. "He will be fine."

"I'm sure if Ashley and Jay were closer they would be here also." Zak said getting to his feet and taking the seat across from me. After I got off the phone with Nick I called Ashley and Jay right away. Because of their distance it was impossible for them to be here, even though Ashley insisted on grabbing the first plane out here. After a lot of negotiating  I convicted her to stay put and I told her I would keep her updated with everything going on. Needing some support I called the guys after.

I watched Nick, Griffin and the nurses coming back to his room. I stood up as Nick came closer. Griffin was brought back to his room by the nurses while Nick walked over to the waiting room. He frowned at the guys.

"Saige." He said softly and motioned for me to go to him. We walked away from the guys, so they couldn't hear what he had to say. We were outside Griffin's room. Nick turned around to face me. He looked scared so I reached for his hand.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried.

"They're positive he has a brain tumor." He started to tear up, as did I. "They wont know for sure until he goes for another test."

"And if he does?"

"He begins treatment right away. I'm so scared." His tears were now falling down his face.

"I am too. But we'll get through this. Together." I told him wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I love you and him so much." I heard him mumble into my head.

"And we love you. Remember he's a Groff. He's a tough one." I smiled looking up at him. Truthfully I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but I knew one of us needed to be strong for our son.