Chapter 17

Investigation day arrived. I was able to do some sight seeing with everyone before we needed to head to our location. Ashley decided to skip the lockdown and stay at the hotel to go through her pictures. I would do mine another day, since I decided I would join the guys. I hung back at base with Jay for awhile before Aaron came to get me and together we headed into the old prison down in the basement. I let Aaron do most of the talking. 

Soon we joined Zak and Billy and headed into one of the towers. The feeling was so powerful in there that I had to walk out and wait for them to finish up.

Zak's concerned face appeared in my face, making me jump a little.

"Sorry." He said.

"Don't do that." I gasped with my hand over my heart.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Why'd you walk away?"

"I felt like I was gonna get sick."

"How do you feel now?"

"Better."

"Come back with me."

"No."

"Please. You can leave if you feel sick again."

I didn't respond but I shot him a dirty look in the darkness. "Fine." I hissed. He pulled me up the stairs and soon we joined the guys.

I smell of rotting flesh filled my nose. I gagged.

"You don't smell that?" I questioned the guys as I plugged my nose.

"Smell what?" Aaron asked from somewhere in front of me.

"It smells like rotting flesh in here."

"It smells fine to me." Billy said as he inhaled deeply.

"Disgusting." I gagged. "Rotting flesh and sulfur."

"I don't smell anything." Zak said from next to me. I rolled my eyes and walked more into the room.

My stomach lunged and I took a deep breath. I blocked my nose again, since the awful smell was still there. But only I could smell it? Dispite me masking the smell by blocking my nose, I began gagging.

The bright light of a flashlight in my face made me hiss like a cat, as I gagged.

"I need to get out of here." I said quickly pushing past the guys and down the stairs. I was about to get sick, but there was no trash bin nearby. I swallowed hard and bolted onto base camp.

"What's up?" Jay asked as I barged in. Still not finding a trash bin, I threw open the big wooden door and stepped out into the night. I quickly emptied the contents of my stomach.

"You okay?" Billy asked breathlessly, entering the room. I sent him a thumps up, afraid to speak.

After I felt I wasn't going go get sick anymore I walked back in a grabbed two waters. I chugged one and walked back outside to water down where I just got sick. I would need to brush my teeth right when I got back to the hotel.

"Here." Billy said walking over to his personal bag. He pulled something out and handed it to me. I looked down to see it was one of those to go toothbrushes. "I always have some with me in investigations." He smiled.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Zak has mouthwash in his lunch bag if you need if. I don't think he'll mind."

"Probably not." Jay laughed.

"You staying here?" Billy asked.

"I think it would be best." I nodded. He frowned but he understood. He left to join Aaron and Zak.

I brushed my teeth with both of the to go brushes and rinsed my mouth out four times. I walked over and reclaimed my seat next to Jay. He threw his arm over my shoulders as I rested my head against his. I focused on the monitors to see Billy join the others.

* * *

We stepped into the busy hotel the next morning. We were all pretty much dead on our feet. We hoped in the elevator and Zak quickly pushed the button for our floor. I cuddled up to Aaron and rested my head on his chest.

The doors opened and we all rushed out and to our rooms. With one last look at each other we each entered our separate rooms.

Not bothering to shower, I kicked off my shoes and crawled into the bed. I turned away from the light peaking through the shades of the window and closed my eyes tightly.