Chapter 24

**Saige's Pov**

I walked out of the court room with my head held high. I walked over to where Zak and Veronique sat on the bench waiting patiently.

"And?" Zak asked when he saw me. I smiled at me.

"I did it."

"What did she say?" Veronique asked.

"I got what I wanted. Nick doesn't have to pay a cent now. I'm more than capable to doing this without him."

"You're one tough girl." Veronique stood up.

"I'm proud of you." Zak said pulling me into a quick sideways hug. "How'd he take it?"

"I'll save that conversation for later." I told him.

"That bad?" Veronique asked.

"You have no idea." I responded.

"Well I'm thinking lunch." Zak said suddenly. "I'm buying."

"Well if you're paying I'm game." Veronique laughed.

"What she said." I agreed. Zak smiled. Veronique and I linked arms and began walking out of the court house, passing Nick along the way. I ignored him and kept walking. Zak followed closely behind us. We walked to her car and jumped in. Zak grabbed the front seat, while Veronique drove. I watched as Nick walked out of the courthouse. 

He looked really handsome today, all dressed up. I was still madly in love with him despite everything that had happened. I knew it was a worthless cause but I was willing to give him another try. But only if he had changed his ways. I doubted that he still loved me, if he ever actually did at all.

I sighed quietly in the backseat and watched the road head. Zak was giving Veronique directions for how to get to the place he wanted to eat at. With this being Boston, she knew it like the back of her hand, and instantly knew where he was referring to.

* * *

Veronique pulled into the parking lot and killed the engine.

"I'm happy to finally catch a break. But I need to be home before three. Annabelle gets home around 3:15 and I still need to get Chloe from Nicks' parents."

"You have plenty of time. It's only." Zak paused and pulled out his phone. "12."

"Good." She smiled and started getting out of the car. Zak and I followed. "So how's Griffin?" She asked when she saw me with my phone in my hand.

"He's good. Ashley's enjoying spending the day with him." I smiled.

"That's good."

Ashley had driven up from Tennessee, just so she could babysit Griffin while I attended court. It found it silly since the guys were all here. But she insisted and you can't argue with Ashley when she wants to do something.

I followed behind Veronique as she headed for the restaurant. Once inside we saw a sign that said please seat yourself. Veronique turned to Zak and I and smiled. She then led us to a booth next to the window. We sat down. In no time a waitress came over with menus and took our drink orders. I wanted to laugh when she tried to flirt with Zak. But of course he payed her no attention and she soon left.

She returned with our drinks and placed them down on the table. She then looked at Zak and I and smiled. "You two dated, right?"

"Yeah." Zak said finally looking up at look at her.

"Ya'll are cute together."

"Um thank you?"

"I'm a Zaige fan." She smiled.

"A what?" Veronique asked as she tried holding in a laugh.

"Zaige. Zak and Saige. It's their ship name."

"Oh." She giggled.

"When you're ready to order, just wave me down." She smiled again before walking away.

"Well that's a little embarrassing." He commented shifting uncomfortable next to me.

"What is?" I questioned turning to look at him. His cheeks were red, and I smiled. 

"Fans are still shipping us."

"Don't pretend you don't like it." Veronique said pointing an accusing finger at him.

"I never said I didn't."

She then turned her attention to me. "I wanted to tell you this earlier but when the whole court thing I wanted you to be focused on that."

"Tell me what?" I questioned.

"It seems there a picture of you going around the internet."

"There's a lot of pictures of be on the internet." I giggled looking back at my menu.

"No this one's bad." I looked up to see her frown.

"It's not that bad." Zak commented from beside me rolling his eyes.

"Shut up." She told him.

"How bad?" I questioned.

"You want to tell her?" She asked Zak. He sighed and turned to face me.

"That last night in Paris. Someone took a picture of us."

"So?" I questioned. I didn't see what was wrong with that.

"In bed." They said in unison.

Instantly I flushed. "But we didn't do anything!"

"I know." He nodded.

"But it looks like you did. See." Veronique said handing me her phone. She wasn't wrong. I was cuddled up to Zak, who of course had no shirt on and the blanket was draped over half his body and over most of mine, making it nearly impossible to see any clothing.

"It's not that bad." Zak said.

"For you." I mumbled.

We waved down the waitress so we could order our food. We were silent for awhile before Veronique spoke.

"So Griffin's birthday's coming up." She smiled.

"The girls too." I pointed out. "Chloe's in next month."

"I know. I have quite the surprise for them."

"Oh really? What is it?"

"I'm taking them to Disneyland in January."

"Awesome." I smiled.

"You should bring Griffin. He'll be one."

"I know my baby's growing so fast." I pouted. "But Disneyland sounds like a perfect birthday present."

"We could go together!" She suggested "They'd have a blast celebrating their birthdays together. The girls love him to pieces."

"And he loves them." I smiled. "We'll go."

"Great!" She cheered happily. "I'll get everything together. And I'll order our tickets."

"You do that." I told her. "I'll pay you for our tickets after."

The conversation faded as our food arrived.