Chapter 30

Ashley called me panicking frantically. I was worried for a second but then I learned that she just wanted my laptop password so she could upload the pictures I had taken the other day, on to it and start editing. I cussed her out for the mini heart attack she gave me and told her my password. I than thanked her for helping me out.

I hung up my phone after my conversation with Ashley and walked back into the living room, where Nick was playing cars on the floor with Griffin. My grandfather was reading a book in his chair over by the book shelf and Marc, he was just sitting off to the side eye balling Nick. 

It was approaching lunch time and I knew that I needed to either get going or find something for Griffin to eat. Right on cue I heard. 

"Mama eat."

I smiled at Griffin. "Yeah, we'll go eat."

"I really need to go grocery shopping." Marc frowned.

I laughed. "Don't worry about it. We'll just go grab a bite to eat and come back."

"How about you go get something and come back here to eat?" Nick offered standing up.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"We'll go shopping!" Marc chimed in with a huge smile on his face. I turned my attention to Griffin on the floor.

"I'll watch him." He smiled.

"I still don't know." I frowned. His smiled faded and he shuffled uncomfortably.

"Go with Marc." My grandfather said sternly. "I'm here. I'll watch both Nick and Griffin."

I looked at him for a second. I nodded. "Okay then." I walked over to my son and got down on my knees. "Mommy's gonna go get some food okay. I'll be right back." I kissed his forehead and his leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I smiled. "Be a good boy for Papa." I got to my feet and looked over at Nick to see him looking a little hurt. "And daddy." I finished.

"Alright lets go!" Marc cheered. "My car. I'm driving."

"Of course. I don't know my way around here." I laughed as he walked out of the room. I started to follow him, but then turned to Nick. "You better keep your eyes on him. Cause I swear to God if something happens to him while he's in your care, you'll be going home in a body bag." I threatened. My grandfather chuckled from his chair while Nick just looked at me and gulped. "I love you, Griffin." I smiled at him, then left the room.

Marc was outside tapping his foot impatiently on the tar. "Finally. What did you do kiss your boyfriend?" He snickered.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"But he was."

"Forever ago."

"Get in. I'm hungry." He jumped in the drivers seat and I followed.

After a minute of driving I spoke. "I was actually threatening him."

He laughed loudly. "Why."

"I have my reasons."

He nodded his head and focused on the road ahead. "How long has it been since Nick saw Griffin?" He asked after a little while.

"A while. How could you tell?"

He chuckled. "The look on his face when he came in the room and saw him. Almost like he was meeting him for the first time."

"Oh." I mumbled.

"So, how long?"

"Griff was four months when I left."

"And he's how old now?"

"Almost thirteen months."

"So it's been almost a year since he's seen him."

"Basically." I nodded.

"I'm curious." He said softly. "You said you left. Why?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled.

"Come on I'm your cousin. I wont judge you. Did you meet someone else? Give Marcy all the juicy details." He joked nudging me a little.

"I didn't meet someone else. He sure did though."

"Oh." He said looking at me quickly, urging me to continue.

"I just wasn't good enough for him. Neither I nor Griffin were. So I left."

"Where did you leave to?" 

"I headed to Tennessee to visit some friends. You remember the guy I was with yesterday?"

"Yeah Jay?"

"Yup. I went to visit him and his wife in Tennessee for a week. Then I headed to Las Vegas. That's where I've been since."

"Vegas eh? What's out there?"

"Friends. Work."

He started laughing. "So you haven't met anyone?"

"No why?"

"I saw a picture this morning that has me thinking otherwise."

"What picture.." I started but then thought back to that picture of Zak and I. "Oh never mind."

He was quiet for awhile before he spoke again. All joking around leaving the tone of his voice. "You know Zak has a ton of pictures of you on his pages."

"I know."

"And there's nothing going on between you two?" He looked at me skeptical.

"Just friends."

"Friends that snuggle in bed, in Paris?"

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Do you like him?" 

"I do." I answered honestly. "But my heart belongs to Nick. No matter how stupid he is."

Marc laughed and shook his head. "Who's better?"

"Better?" I questioned. He turned to me and wiggled his eyebrows. I blushed. "Oh God." I groaned.

"So who is it."

"I've never slept with Zak."

"So Nick then?" He asked flashing a smile my way.

"I guess you could say that." I laughed. 

He turned off the road and pulled up to a grocery store. After he parked the car we got out and headed inside.