Chapter 19

**Saige's POV**

Zak quickly ushered me out of the hotel and led me to a cab. I was curious as to why no one else was with us. But every time I tried to ask, he ignored me.

After a few minutes we pulled into the airport. He paid the driver and got out quickly, pulling me with him. He grabbed our bags out of the back and we walked into the airport. I was confused.

* * *

We sat waiting for our flight to be called. I still had no idea what was going on and Zak refused to answer me.

Finally the flight was called and Zak stood to his feet, pulling me with him. I dragged my feet over to the gate.

"Enjoy your flight to Paris." The woman at the gate smiled to the people in line.

"Paris? As in France?" I questioned Zak.

"Yes." He chuckled.

"You're taking me to Paris!?" I said excitedly.

"I told you I would." He smiled down at me.

"Yeah.. But I wasn't.. Thank you!" I hugged him tightly. He laughed before placing a kiss on the top of my head as we approached the gate to board the plane.

* * *

It was a quick two hour flight. We landed and I was instantly pulled to the baggage claim by an excited Zak. I laughed internally and let him pull me along.

He seemed to know where he was going and zoomed in and out of crowds of people. Soon we had our bags and were on our way outside.

Without skipping a beat he pulled me through the busy street. We stopped outside a beautiful building, that I was guessing was a hotel by the look of the outside. We walked inside and Zak quickly walked to the front desk. I was too interested in the beautiful decor of the place I didn't listen to a word he was saying.

"Saige?" I heard him say.

"Huh?" I asked looking at him.

He smiled. "You coming? So we can go out?"

"Yeah." I said following him to the elevator.

We arrived on our floor. I followed him down the hall to a room. He pulled out a key card from his pocket and opened the door.

"Coming?" He laughed. I nodded and walked in after him. "The hotel is booked, so all I could get was one room. I'm sorry." He said while looking down.

"It's okay." I reassured him looking around the room. "I'll take the couch."

"No." He looked up and at me. "I'll take the couch."

"I couldn't do that to you." I frowned.

"I'm not arguing over this. You get the bed. That's the final word." He said firmly with a small smile playing on his lips. "Now unpack. We have so much to see!"

I nodded and carried my bag over to the bed. I unzipped it and began taking a few clothes out. I walked over to the wardrobe and grabbed a few hangers to put them on. Zak followed and soon our clothes were in the wardrobe. I placed my laptop case back into my suitcase. I was just about to put my camera bag in there as well but he stopped me.

"You're going to need your camera. Unless you want plain phone pictures."

I took my camera out of its bag and set it down on the bed. I put the bag inside my suitcase and zipped it up. I pushed the bag under the bed. Zak laughed as I did it, but did the same thing as me.

"What about the guys?" I questioned randomly as he fixed his hair in the bathroom mirror.

"They'll be in Rome one more night. They head back home tomorrow." He said casually.

"And us?"

"What about us?" He asked peaking his head out of the room briefly.

"When do we go home?"

"The day after tomorrow."

"What?"

"We stay here tonight, and tomorrow night. Our plane for Vegas leaves at eleven the following day."

"Oh God." I cried sitting down.

"What's the matter?" He asked rushing over to me.

"I can't do this?"

"Do what?" He asked sounding concerned. His eyes searched my face.

"I can't stay three more days. I can't leave Diane with Griffin an extra two days. He's my responsibility. Not hers."

"He's in good hands. You're a good mother, you know that?" I shrugged and looked away from him. I didn't think I was a good mother. I thought of myself as a failure. I couldn't even keep my sons father happy. And now I was off every other week working, while someone watched my child. I felt like a horrible person. "You are a wonderful mom. You're always putting Griff's needs above yours. Like just now. You want to go home because you feel he needs you. Correct?"

"I guess so."

"We aren't leaving just yet. You wanted to see Paris. Now we're here." He smiled standing to his feet. "Besides Diane said you could use a break. You'll always rushing back. You deserve a break, especially after the past couple months."

"She said that?"

He nodded. "And I agree. You might try to be superwoman. But hon, you're not. Everyone has their breaking point and I can see it in your eyes. You're about to hit yours. I figured I'd take you away for a few days so you can relax and not be stressed with work and mother duties."

"Easier said than done." I told him.

"I know, but you can at least try."

"You wanted to take me away from work, but yet you're here?" I questioned as a smiled spread across my face.

"Oh shut up and get ready so we can head out. I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry." I laughed.

"Hell yeah." He laughed walking back into the bathroom to finish his hair.