Chapter 52

**Nicks POV**

I woke up in complete darkness to an empty bed. I reached over to turned on the lamp on the end table next to me. Had I dreamed this whole thing? Was Saige not really here. I touched the spot on the bed next it me, it was cold. I looked around the room. There was no sign of her anywhere.

Had this all been a dream? Did we ever make up? Or was my mind playing tricks on me. I got out of bed and decided to walk around to clear my head. My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the hallway soon after I left the room. There was a light coming from under the bathroom door. I cursed myself for no closing the light. I walked to the bathroom and opened the door.

"Sorry I woke you." Saige said looking up from the toilet bowl. I breathed a sigh of relieve. She really was here. This wasn't a dream.

"You didn't." I told her. "I woke up and you were gone. Are you okay?" She shook her head before she leaped forward into the toilet bowl. I rushed over and held her hair back and rubbed her back.

"Bad time to get sick." She mumbled when she finished.

"It's okay. I got you." I knelt there on the bathroom floor rubbing her back as she moaned in pain. "You wanna go back to bed and get some rest?" I asked.

"I think I'll sleep here." She said resting her head on the rim of the toilet.

"No, no sweetie. Off to bed you go." I picked her up and carried her back to bed.

"What if I get sick again? I'm too weak. I don't think I'll make it to the bathroom."

"Don't worry about it." I smiled as I placed her down on the bed. I walked over to the small trash can and placed it on the floor next to her side of the bed. "There." I walked around the bed and crawled in next to her. I lightly placed my hand on her stomach and rubbed gently.

"Maybe I should leave. I don't want you go get sick."

I leaned up on my other hand and stared at her shaking my head. "Nonsense. You're sick."

"But Nick."

"No buts. Let your man take care of you." I smiled.

"Okay but if you get sick I don't want to hear you complain."

"I'll be fine." I told her laying back down.

"My stomach hurts." She moaned.

"I know love." I continued my rubbing.

"That feels good. You're going to put me to sleep." She giggled.

"That's my plain."

Ten minutes later and she was sleep. I debated on whether I should follow or not. My eyes began to get heavy and I ended up falling asleep.

It wasn't long before I was woken up by Saige getting sick in the trash bin. I flicked on the light and edged myself closer to her. I rubbed her back and she jumped a little. I smiled and apologized for scaring her. When she was finished she laid back down and tried to get comfortable.

"Thank you." She said very faintly before she closed her eyes. I laid down next to her again and continued the task of rubbing her belly. I watched her chest rise and fall in a steady beat and it wasn't long before she was asleep again. This time I wasn't going to fall back to sleep. I was going to watch her and make sure she was okay.

* * *

It's been four hours since Saige has gotten sick. But she looked pale. I wanted her to sleep so she could feel better. I kissed her forehead to wake her up to tell her I was going to the store. Her eyes fluttered open a little.