Chapter 36

A/N: Due to being stuck, I have decided to jump ahead. Originally I had few things planned after they got back together but I never wrote them down. I blame my mom brain. LOL. I'm thinking this book will be coming to an end shortly. Not sure when but it's coming. :)

* * * * * 

**Saige's Pov**

Griffin's second birthday was just around the corner, with only a month left. I couldn't believe that my baby boy was turning two! 

I had taken it upon myself to throw him a birthday party here in Las Vegas. Veronique would be flying out with the girls for the special day and Nick was joining in on the celebration as well. I wasn't going overboard with his party since he was still so young. I wasn't going to rent out a place with it only being so many people. After asking both Aaron and Zak their opinions on who's house the party should be at. We all decided Zak's would be the best place since his was bigger. As for the theme of the party, I kept it relatively simple. Griffin absolutely loved trains so he was getting a train party.

The decorations were bought and stored at Zak's house so Griffin wouldn't see them. He had become quite the curios little boy. I took care of my birthday gifts for him, as well as Christmas presents for him and the girls. Those were also stored at Zak's house. 

Griffin and I spent Thanksgiving with Billy and Diane. Nick was suppose to join us but due to a huge snow storm on the east coast the airports were shut down. It was okay though he managed to head over to Veronique's and spend the day with the girls. Billy was more than happy to have more of the meal to himself.

* * *

I stood in the living room tapping my foot on the ground, waiting. Aaron entered the room with a smile plastered on his face. I turned my head to look at Griffin, who was on the floor playing with a truck he got from Diane a few weeks ago.

"And?" I questioned Aaron.

"All set." He smiled.

"They can do it?"

"Of course." He laughed. "I've got it all taken care of, Munchkin."

"I can get the cake." I whispered.

"Oh no, no, no. I'm getting that. You just keep doing what you're doing."

"Aaron." I sighed. A few days ago I went looking at shops for a birthday cake for Griffin. None of the shops I came across had a train cake. A few of them said they could make one, but without a picture of the product I wasn't going to waste money. Aaron knew someone who made cakes, mostly wedding cakes and movie themed cakes. So he called them to see if they could do a train cake. They then sent him pictures of train cakes they had made over the years. I picked one and he rang them to see if they could make it again.

"No." He shook his head. "It's the least I can do. After all it's not everyday my nephew turns two." He looked over at Griffin and smiled. "Which reminds me I need to head to the store to get his present."

I laughed. I knew somewhat what he was going to get Griffin. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. "He loves Star Wars just as much as you." I smiled at the man in front of me.

"I know. Why isn't his party Star Wars themed?"

"Because he was Chewbacca for Halloween!" I laughed.

"Everyone loves a cutie little Chewie" He grinned like a Cheshire cat, making me giggle. He wasn't wrong. Everyone loved Griffin in his Chewbacca costume. The kid walked away with two pillow cases filled with candy.

I felt a tug on my pant leg. I stopped laughed and looked down at my son and smiled. "Momma head hurts." He said.

"Did you hit it?" I asked.

"No." He answered.

"Okay. Go play and let mommy know if it still hurts later." He walked back over to his toys and started playing again. I looked back at Aaron. "Should I make an appointment for him? He's been saying his head hurts a lot and complaining about feeling sick."

"I'm not sure Munchkin." He shrugged. "Keep an eye on him. I'm heading out. Call if you need me." He walked to the hall, grabbed his keys off the table in the hall and walked out the door. I sighed and sat myself down on the couch and watched Griffin. He was playing and making sound affects. I smiled and looked away for a second.

The noses stopped. I turned to look back at him to see him laying on the ground, not moving. I shot up off the couch and ran to him. 

"Griffin!" I yelled. His eyes were open. His face and lips were changing color. "Griff, look at mommy." I demanded. I cradled his head in my hands but his eyes were fixed on the ceiling. They began to roll back. "No!" They snapped back and were now half open. I reached in my pocket and dug out my phone. Of all the times for me to be alone. 

"911 What's your emergency." The 911 operator said.

"I need an ambulance immediately."

"What's the emergency?"

"My son. Somethings wrong. I need an ambulance now!" I cried and gave her the address. Ambulance was the only way Griffin was getting to the hospital in the Vegas traffic.

I cuddled my son to me and started rubbing his face and whispering soothing words to him.

* * * * *

A/N: This has legit happened to me before, except my son came out of it quickly and no ambulance was needed, be we did go to the ER.