Chapter 45

Of course as soon as we got back to Las Vegas, Aaron had gotten terribly sick. Which forced Griffin and I out of the place we had been calking home. With Griffin going through treatment, he really couldn't be around sick people because his body wouldn't be able to fight the illness.

Aaron didn't want us out, but for Griffin's safety it was for the best. We promised to come back when he was over this stomach bug. Not right away though because of the germs. Zak agreed to help Aaron disinfect the whole house once he was good to go, so Griffin and I could return home.

My son and I weren't stuck on the streets though. I has planned on getting a hotel room for us. Zak wouldn't have it and insisted on us staying with him. Griffin wanted to so I gave in to please him.

* * * * * * *

Three days had passed and Aaron was still sick. I felt bad knowing I couldn't help him. He was my best friend and I wanted him to feel better. I called him a few times to check up on him and even though he made it sound as if he was fine, I knew otherwise. But I couldn't just go over and care for him. I had an ill child who couldn't be around that sickness.

I flopped down on the couch in Zak's living room. Griffin played with the mega blocks and fire truck Zak had bought him when we agreed to stay with him for a few days.

It felt weird to be here, in Zak's house, after Nick's accusation. Nick and I haven't spoken since the text a few days ago. I was still upset and I was waiting for him to apologize. Was I wrong? He and I weren't together at the time and nothing besides a kiss happened. Okay maybe we snuggled but that's nothing. I do love Zak, but looking at things now I firmly believe I love him as a brother. Nothing more. I wish Nick would listen and understand that when I say it.

"Alright G man. You ready to go?" Zak asked Griffin as he entered the room.

He was taking him out for a few hours. I didn't think it was ideal but Zak convinced me that Griffin would be fine.

"Yeah." Griffin said standing to his feet.

"We'll go get some lunch first." Zak said turning to me.

"Make sure he eats." I ordered.

He smirked. "He always does for me." I rolled my eyes and didn't bother replying. Zak tossed Griffin a little Ghost Adventure Crew hoodie, much like the one he had when he was younger, and told him to put it on.

Griffin did as he was told and slipped it on. Then he walked over to me. I got on my knees so I was at his level. He hugged me. "Love you Mama."

"I love you too, baby." I smiled and kissed his cheek. He returned a kiss and walked over to Zak.

"We'll be back for dinner."

"I know." I laughed. I walked with them to The garage and put Griffin safely into Zak's car, while he opened the garage door. "Have fun." I told my son, then turned my attention to Zak. "Take care of him."

"I will."

"You better. Or it'll be you chestnuts roasting on the open fire." I kissed Griffin one more time and told him that I loved him, before I closed the door and stood back as Zak drove out of the garage, closing the door behind them.

I walked back in to the house to find Gracie asleep next to the toys Griffin was just playing with. Not wanting to disturb her and knowing he would be playing with the toys when he came back home; I didn't bother picking anything up.

My phone went off. I quickly ran to answer it.

"Hey there munchkin." Aaron greeted on the other end.

"Aaron!" I squealed. "How you feeling?"

"A little better. Haven't puked since three this morning. I've ate half a toast this morning and kept it down. So far so good."

"I'm happy to hear."

"Me too. It means you can come home soon." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I look forward to that."

"I bet." He chuckled. "I'm thinking this weekend. If I feel better tomorrow I'll take it easy and have Zak stop by on Friday to help clean."

"Sounds good. Griffin and I look forward to returning home. Now gets some rest."

"I will. I'll call you later."

After ending the call I made my way into the laundry room to wash Griffin and my clothes. Since Zak did his a certain way, I didn't do his. When I walked back into the living room I was greeted by Gracie who ran to the door leading outside.

"You wanna go out?" I asked her. She wagged her tail wildly making me laugh. I opened the door and let her out. I debated on whether to go out and join her or not. I decided to step out for a minute to enjoy the fresh air.

I heard the doorbell go off from outside. I let Gracie be, and headed back into see who was at the front door. I kept the back door open, knowing Gracie would come in when she was finished.

I made my way to the door a peered out the peep hole to see who was here. I sighed. This should be interesting.

A/N: I was able to update! Sorry this took awhile. I've been busy and dealing with some pretty horrible migraines. I'm the mother of a toddler and if that's not busy enough let's add the fact that he's special needs. Fair warning updates will be slow.