Chapter 44

**Saige's POV**

I sat in base camp with Jay, watching the monitors. We were half way through our investigation of the old casino/hotel. I had investigated for awhile before I decided to call it quits and stay in nerve. Zak didn't question me, neither did Aaron. Billy was a completely other story. He insisted on walking me all the way to where base was set up, in  tent, outside. I was more than capable of making my way outside by myself, but I could tell he had something on his mind. 

He questioned me about my choice to stop the investigation. He knew this was a place I wanted to investigate, because of my love for Frank Sinatra, but I just wasn't feeling it. He automatically went into big brother mode and asked if Zak had done something to upset me. I shook my head and reassured him that everything was fine. Truthfully everything was not fine and I was missing Nick, but I still couldn't get over the fact that he accused me of cheating on him.

Jay had no problem with me joining him at base and smiled when I walked in.

After sometime I reached over Jay and grabbed my water bottle. He blocked me. I turned to face him and narrowed my eyes at him. He just looked forward at the monitors, but I could see a smile playing on his lips.

"Jay man." I whined.

"What?" He asked looked at me with nothing but amusement in his eyes.

"I'm trying to get my water bottle."

"Get it then."

I reached for it again but he blocked me. "Dude!" I exclaimed. He laughed then pushed the water bottle across the table towards me. "Thank you. You're an ass."

"I try."

"Well don't. Asses smell." I told him blocking my nose.

"Brat." He huffed, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Ass." I took a sip of my water bottle.

"I got one, baby."

I choked on air and began laughing. "Don't we all?" He shrugged his shoulders and turned back to the monitors.

Billy and Zak had left Aaron by himself, so I reached for some headphones so I could hear what was going on from the 'x' camera in the room he was in. Jay focused his attention on Billy and Zak along with the other monitors.

I was so focused on listening to the audio I didn't no Jay was speaking to me, until he touched my shoulder and I jumped in fright.

"Whoa you okay?" He asked.

"You just scared me. That's all." I told him removing the one side of the headphone from my ea, so I could hear him.

"Anything going on with Aaron?"

"No, but there seems to be some interference with the cameras audio."

"What do you mean?"

"It sounds like someone's holding a candy wrapper up to it. And it keeps cutting in and out."

"Can I hear?" He asked. I didn't answer. Instead I handed over the headphones and he put them on. After a minute and handed them back. "I can't explain that. Maybe he caught something through EVP that can give us a clue."

I disconnected the headphones from the monitor as Billy walked in the room to retrieve Aaron.

* * *

"Have you talked to Nick?" Jay asked randomly as we packed up the equipment.

"Nope."

"Has he called you?"

"Yup."

"Why don't you answer?"

"I don't want to talk to him. I'm cheating on him after all." I joked.

He smiled at the joke. "Has he apologized?"

"Nope."

“He might if you answer him."

"Why so he can accuse me of cheating again. Or maybe he'll say Griffin isn't his."

"Talking about Nick?" Aaron asked walking into the room with Zak following.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Who else would Griffins father be?" Billy asked.

"Nick already thinks I'm cheating with Zak. So he'd probably say he's his."

"Nope not mine!" Zak said quickly. "He's a Groff not a Bagans."

"But you wish he was a Bagans." Aaron joked with a chuckle, nudging Zak in the side.

"If Nick thinks that. He's got some major problems." Jay spoke as he slammed the case with the monitor inside it closed.

"Right. Zak never gave Saige the 'D'" Billy laughed.

"Alright." Zak said ending the conversation. "Let's get this stuff in the van.

With the conversation over, each of us took hold of two cases each, and carried them out to the van door. Then we returned to get more. Once the van was packed we said thank you to the security guards and jumped in the van to head to our hotel.

I seat between Jay and Aaron in the back seat, while Billy drove and Zak sat shot gun. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Slowly I dug it out, not wanting to disturb Jay who was asleep. I read the text.

'I love you Saige. I hope you never forget that.' -Nick.

I looked at Aaron, who was looking out the window paying no attention to me at all. I quickly texted Nick back with a simple but meaningful...

'I love you too, Nick.' -Saige

* * *

For real!

For real!