Chapter 50

Happy 37th birthday to the handsome Nick Groff himself! Just eleven years older than me ;)

* * *

I paced back and forth in my room. The house was completely silent. Aaron had left to go get a few things for our lockdown. Jay and Ashley had left two days ago. Zak and Billy were at their houses. No doubt getting ready for the lockdown as well.

I stared down at my phone, debating if I should make the call or not. It was now or never. I needed to talk to Zak tonight because I didn't want to investigate this location. It was too dark for me and I didn't want to risk anything. But I wasn't going to talk to Zak unless I spoke to Nick first.

My finger hovered over his name for a few seconds before I clicked on it. Icons soon popped up. I took a deep breath before I clicked on the video call icon. I waited for him to answer.

"Hey beautiful!" He greeted and soon I was looking at his face. I smiled seeing him.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Where's Griffin?"

"Playing with his sisters. You wanna talk to him?"

"No. But I do need to talk to you."

"About what?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I took a big breath. It was now or never. "I'm thinking about taking a break from the show."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I want to head to Boston and spend some time with you."

He was quiet and just stared blankly ahead. I took the opportunity to taken in his appearance through the phone screen. The wrinkles next to his eyes were now more visible. The once dark circles from lack of sleep that were under his chocolate brown eyes were now gone. Telling me he was getting some sleep. His hair was slicked back in his signature style and his bead trimmed nicely.

I was getting nervous with each passing second, as he remained silent. I watched him, but his face showed no emotion.

"Are you serious, or are you messing with me?" He finally spoke.

"I'm being serious Nick. I want to spend time with you. I want to work on us. I want to be with you and I know distance is tough on our relationship."

"You want to come home?" He asked as a smile began to spread across his face.

"For awhile, yes."

"Really? Like really, really?"

"Yes really."

"When? I can't wait to have you home!"

"Soon. I still need to talk to Zak."

"When are you going to do that?"

"Tonight, since he's leaving to head out to our next investigation. Aaron, Billy and I fly out tomorrow."

"How do you think he'll take it?"

"I'm not sure." I sighed. "For this investigation I want to sit out. I just want to take pictures and do nothing more than sit at nerve and watch monitors."

His eyes widened. "You don't want to investigate?"

"Not really, no. I love doing it, don't get me wrong, but some locations are just too dark and with Griffin being sick; I don't want anything happening."

"Believe me, I hear you." He was silent for a second. "Are you going to tell him you want to break from the show tonight also?"

"If all goes well yes."