Chapter 12

***FAST FORWARD***

I stared down at my now seven month old son and gasped. Where has the time gone?

I watched has he crawled around on the floor, playing with Gracie. She would lick his face, Making him giggle, then she'd run across the room. Griffin would be right after her. I laughed as Gracie offered her chicken toy to Griffin. In return he pushed his teether towards her.

They had quite the friendship. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Gracie was Griffins dog.

From my spot on the couch I watched them play. Gracie would not only tire herself out, but Griffin as well. I glanced around the room, unsure of what to do, we were leaving for a lock down tomorrow.

Diane still watched Griffin while I was away. She had become like a grandmother to him. He loved her. It was still hard to leave him, but I knew he was safe.

I found a place here in Vegas after months of searching, but the guys wouldn't let me move from Aaron's. I figured I'd just stay there until I had to move. I didn't want to be a bother to him. He insisted that I wasn't.

* * *

I felt the couch cushion next to me dip in. I took my attention away from Gracie and Griffin, and looked over at Zak.

"What?" He questioned throwing his arm behind us on the top of the couch.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Sure." He rolled his eyes and bit into the apple he was holding. "Want a bite?" He offered.

"I'm good." I told him. He shrugged and took another bite. "Can you watch them? I'm going to make Griff something to eat."

"Yeah, of course." He smiled moving himself so he could see them better. I got up and made my way to the kitchen. Once I was alone I sat down at the bar and rested my head in my hands and sighed. I had regrets for what I had done, but I couldn't talk to anyone about it. At least not yet.

**Aaron's POV**

I carried the groceries into my house and placed them down by the door. I returned back to my SUV to collect more bags. Finally everything was inside. I locked my SUV doors and made sure the alarm was armed. I headed inside to put the groceries away.

As I put groceries away I swore I heard a phone going off. After checking my phone several times I was getting annoyed. No one else was here. Saige was spending the day over at Zak's so Griffin could play with Gracie, before we leave tomorrow.

I finished putting the food away and walked up the stairs to use the bathroom. When I entered the room I heard ringing again. I signed when I realized Saige had forgotten her phone on the sink. I walked over to see who was repeatedly calling her. There was no name, just a number. I grew curious and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sorry. I must have the wrong number." The person on the other end apologized.

"I doubt it. You've called this number twenty times in the last hour." I laughed. "Who are you trying to call?"

"I'm trying to reach Saige." He said softly.

I tensed. "Why?" I asked trying to keep my cool.

"I need to talk to her." He sighed.

"I'm sorry but she's out."

"Aaron is that you?" He asked.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Let me guess. She removed my number from her phone."

"I guess."

"You don't know who I am?"

"Can't think of anyone that would be calling Saige, besides Zak. And she's with him now, so.."

He sighed again. "It's Nick."

I didn't know what to say. I was upset that he was calling her, after everything he put her through. He had the balls to call her. No no, that doesn't fly with big brother Aaron. "What do you want?" I growled.

"To talk to her. Please let me speak to her."

"I'm sorry, but like I said before, she's with Zak. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to you. What you get tired of your whore already?"

"Please Aaron. I wanna know how my sons doing."

I snorted. "He's doing great. He finally has someone in his life that cares for him."

"Who?"

"None of your damn business."

"Please. Can I just talk to her?"

"For the third and final time. She is not here."

"But you have her phone?"

I sighed in frustration. "She forgot it here. Away she's with Zak and I wouldn't advise you to call his phone either."

"Why not?"

"Just don't." I said ending the call.

He had some nerve calling her after everything.