Chapter 29

The gang and I walked out of our lockdown location the next morning. Zak smiled happily at us. We had gotten loads of evidence, even one compelling class A evp of a woman stating that she was in fact a witch. Of course we couldn't prove who said it, but we were still happy with our results.

We headed back to the hotel. It didn't take long before I was in my hotel room, hugging my son. Ashley flashed me a smiled as she placed her car keys on the bed. I smiled back as she left the room. I hurried up and locked the door behind her, so Griffin couldn't sneak out. I walked over to his suitcase and picked out an outfit, one I had received from Nick for Griffin's birthday/Christmas. 

I smiled as I dressed him in his Superman outfit and pulled on his matching socks. I left him sitting on the bed, while I walked over to the door and picked up his Superman shoes. Griffin loved Superman. I knew that Nick had no idea, but he struck gold when he bought a Superman outfit for Griffin.

Once he was dressed and ready to go, I quickly grabbed myself some clothing and walked into the bathroom, keeping the door open a little so I could keep an eye on my child. I changed quickly and ran my brush through my head and brushed my teeth. I exited the bathroom, grabbed my phone and the keys off the bed. I slipped a hoodie on and put one on Griffin. I took hold of his hand and led him to the door.

I was bringing Griffin to see my grandfather and cousin Marc. He had every right to meet them. Jay and Ashley happily let me borrow their car, because they wouldn't need it since they were resting.

I was excited that they were going to meet him. I even gave Nick the option of seeing his son. I wasn't sure if he would, but at least I offered.

* * *

I pulled in the driveway. Nick's car wasn't here. I frowned, but I understood. It wasn't a huge shock to me that he wasn't here, even if I did offer. I wasn't going to let this ruin my day. I got out of the car quickly and made my way to the back door. Griffin smiled at me and my heart melted. I reached over to unbuckle him.

My independent one year old decided he wanted to walk to the door, holding my hand of course. I knocked on the door and was greeted by Marc right away. He smiled at me then looked down at Griffin. He looked back at me with a questioning look.

"Marc, this is Griffin. My son."

"Son?" He choked out. I nodded. He smiled and knelt down in front of Griffin. "Hey bud."

"Hi." He said shyly.

"Come in." Marc smiled getting to his feet. "Do you like toys?" He asked Griffin, who didn't answer but eyes lit up at the mention of toys. Griffin and I entered the house and were lead into the family room.

"Good morning, baby girl." My grandfather greeted. "And who's this young man?" He asked looking at Griffin.

"This is Griffin." I smiled at my son.

"Her son." Marc spoke walking into the room with a hand full of toys. "You want the toys?" He asked Griffin. He looked up at me. I nodded in approval and Griffin walked over to play.

"You have a child?" My grandfather asked. "You're just a kid." He shook his head but smiled. "I'm too young to be a great grandpa." Marc snorted. "Watch it. I can still hold you over my knee for a good ass whooping."

I laughed as he threatened Marc. I took a seat on the couch and watched Griffin play with Marc. I wasn't used to seeing others, besides Zak, Aaron, Billy, Diane, Jay, Ashley and myself play with Griffin. I enjoyed watching his face light up as Marc introduced a new toy to him.

"So who's his father?" My grandfather asked after a long silence.

"You know I was wondering that too." Marc spoke from the floor. "Are still together? I want to meet him." He said putting on a big bother face making me laugh.

"No. We're not."

"Why not?"

"Reasons." I told him.

"Who is it?" My grandfather asked me again.

"Nick." I told him.

Marc started laughing. "Nick? As in Nick Groff. This little boy is Nick's son."

"Yes. Is that really hard to believe?" I frowned.

"Not really. No." He smiled.

"Why aren't you together?" My grandfather asked.

"That's what I want to know. Nick seems like a nice guy."

"It's a long story." I mumbled.

There was a knock on the door and Marc shot up to answer it. My grandfather just looked at me but didn't question anything.

"I'm sorry I'm late." His voice sent chills down my body. He sat down next to me on the couch. "Did I miss something?" He asked looking around the room. Marc, who smirked like an idiot, sat back on the floor and resumed playing with Griffin. My grandfather looked Nick right in the eye and I gulped.

"We just learned that, that little boy is yours." He said pointing to Griffin.

Nick's eyes widened as he looked at me. I quickly looked away. "Yeah. He's my son."

"And you're not together?" Marc asked.

"It's complicated." He said.

"Is something wrong with my cousin?" Marc pressed.

"No. Of course not."

"Then why are you depriving this sweet child of both his parents?"

"It's a long story."

"That's what she said." He snorted.

"Tell me this." My grandfather spoke. "Do you still love her?"

Nick looked him for a second before he turned his eyes to me and stared at me as he replied. "Yes I do. I love her from the bottom of my heart. And I always will."

"Then what's the problem?" Marc asked.

"Child if you don't shut up I'll bring out the cane." Grandfather snapped making Marc close his mouth.

"The problem is I'm an idiot and I made a huge mistake that I will have to live with forever. I regret everything I've done. Saige is such a sweet person. She didn't deserve what I did. I don't know how she can stand being in the same room as me right now."

"It's hard. Believe me." I mumbled